"Hello Mr.-"

"Yeah, hi. What do you want? Some of us have important things to do so would you mind being quick?"

"Uh, yeah, fine." Says the principal quite taken back by the poor little girl's father's curtness. "Well, as a school, our students are the number one priority. And -"

"Just cut to the chase... Please."

"Oh, okay, well several of us staff members have been noticing your daughter's appearance-"

"I know she is not easy to look at but that doesn't mean you can call me down here and waste my time-"

"Please-just-listen! Your daughter is an adorable little girl. We are just concerned about her constant injuries."

"What are you talking about?"

"You don't know...? You haven't noticed the bruises and the black eyes and the scratches?"

"Oh, those things. She's an animal. She is always playing so rough. I try to stop her but, well, you know: kids will be kids! I think it comes from no mother figure in her life. Only know the guys' way, know what I mean?"

"Uh, yeah. Boys do sometimes play really rough. But I'm sorry about her mother, what happened to her, if you don't mind me asking?"

"She got shot."

"Oh, I am so sorry."

"Nah, it's ok. She had it coming. I mean, she was not liked by a lot of people and we lived in a mean city, so... Yeah."

"Oh. Well I am glad you moved to a nicer place for your daughter. We have a good town here."

"Yeah, thanks, it was no big deal."

"Well, back to your daughter, we were thinking of taking her to this facility-"

"LOOK!" He argues as he stands up and looms over her. "I don't know what you are implying, Miss..."

"Evans"

"Miss Evans, but whatever it is, you have NO idea what you're talkin' about! You will NOT take my daughter away from me! Understand?"

"Crystal. I am sorry. It was never our intention to hurt you. We just thought that it was in your daughter's best interest to go and be seen how she interacts with different stimuli."

"Oh, so like some test rat."

"No! We just... Never mind. But she'd be treated with respect as much as anybody else was."

"Good. But still, no thank you."

"Yes, sir. But may I recommend another option?"

"Well, why not?"

"We thought it'd be best if she saw a therapist."

"A therapist?!" She's only five!"

"Yes, some of the most fundamental part of one's life. Besides, she is not interacting with the other children as we'd like. It might be a nice release for her. We got some highly recommended therapists in the area that you can choose from." The principal says with a smile.

She sounds like a fucking advertisement. "I will think about it." He smiles back.

"That is all we ask."

"May I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Will you go to dinner with me?" 

 "I am married." She replied sternly.

"Well why didn't you say that before?" He exasperatingly asked. "That makes a big difference..."