“I’m sorry about earlier Sara.” He says sitting next to me. “I just want what’s best for you.” He says taking my hand in his. I nod my head not wanting to say anything and look down at my ankle, this time they wrapped it in a hot pink case which I’m guessing Tamara told them since she knows my favorite color. I see a few signatures on it and smile at them. I guess people came in while I was asleep and didn’t want to wake me up.

            My father is wearing his doctor outfit so I guess he’ll be here for the night working, while mom and everyone else is in the house. “Why didn’t mama come?” I ask.

            “She did while you were sleeping, she didn’t want to wake you up, but she sat here for hours watching you sleep.” He tells me with a small smile on his face. “We’re all worried about your health.”

            “I know, but you don’t have to be, you see I’m eating.” I say showing him the tub of red Jell-O. He smiles at me and stands up.

            “Good, maybe we should just order you Jell-O from now on until you get home.” He says jokingly. “Well duty calls, I’ll be back to check on you in a little. Okay?” I nod my head and finish eating the Jell-O.

            Before I know it the sun is up and Jihad wakes up wiping at his tired eyes. “Good morning.” I say with a smile on my face.

            “You’re already up?” He asks confused.

            “I couldn’t sleep.” I say sitting up. “You going to school today?”

            He looks at the time and jumps out the seat. “Shit I’m late.” He yells out. Before he runs out the door, he kisses my head and wishes me a good day. As if that’ll happen in here, I think to myself.

            My mom walks into the room with a shopping bag and places it on the bed. “I got your laptop and phone to keep you entertained while you’re here. And I heard you’ll only eat Jell-O so I got you this as well.” She says taking out a huge box of every flavor Jell-O. I hug her and thank her. “I know you don’t want to be here right now, but it’ll go by in no time, especially with cute doctor you have. Who will be here every so often to check on you.” She says and as soon as she says this Dr. Kamel walks into the room with a clip board.

            “How are you feeling today Sara?” He asks with a smile on his face.

            “Better than yesterday.” I say smiling back.

            “That’s great, do you feel any pain?” I shake my head stating I just took the medicine. “That’s even better, how would you feel about trying out walking on crutches?” He asks and I get excited. “You mean I could get out of bed?” I ask.

            “Yes, come on.” He says taking my hand and handing me my crutches. I stand up on my good leg and he helps me get comfortable. “Walk around the room for a few minutes.” He says and I crutch to the window and back. “How does it feel when you crutch right now?”

            “Like how I was before the surgery.” I say.

            “Do you want to walk around out there to see how it is?” He asks. I nod my head eagerly and he smiles at me. “You have to make a promise to me though.” He says.

            “Yeah, sure.” I say.

            “If you feel uncomfortable, or you can’t walk anymore, you have to let me know.” He says and I nod my head shaking his head promising him.