Chapter 1

Let her go

"Kili, stop!"

A thirteen year old Lillian screamed at her best friend. She had recently lost an archery competition, resulting in the worst kind of torture...

"I will stop tickling you when you admit that boys are better than girls, at everything!"

"That is so unfair! It is also incorrect! boys will never be better than girls!

At this point Kili's older brother Fili walked out into the clearing where the two dwarves were.

"Kili, stop tickling your girlfriend! I told you that is how dwarven women have babies!" Fili called out.

"she is not my girlfriend! And you told me that when I was eight, I was a fool back then. I am..."

"five years older and still a fool! Anyway, uncle thorin and mother want you both back at the house in ten minutes."

"okay! Wait what was that?"

There was a rustling sound in the trees. Subconsciously, Fili pushed kili and Lily behind him.

"show yourself!" Fili ordered. The authority of a young prince clear in his voice.

The two teenage dwarves were hiding behind Fili, shaking with fear.

"it's alright, it's probably just a deer or som...."

Lillian was cut off by an Orc pulling her away from kili's grasp.

"Lily!" both the princes cried out.

Kili pulled two throwing knives out of his boots, aiming at the quickly growing Orc pack.

The Orc holding Lillian looked different to the rest of them. He was taller, more muscular and instead of his skin colour being a dirty grey or black colour, he was a light grey colour, and he was missing an arm! It was obvious that he was the leader.

"let her go now!" kili ordered/begged.

The pale Orc just laughed and pulled on Lilys hair, forcing her to kneel in front of him, facing towards her dwarf friends.

"my name is azog the defiler. Tell your king that he is to meet me in two sunrises. He is to meet me at a place where special bonds were lost. He will know where I speak of. I will let the girl go when I meet your king. If he does not come to where I request..." azog let out a bone chilling laugh.

"she dies. I will show no mercy!"

"no!" kili screamed, pulling against his older brothers arms, begging to tell lily that she was safe. That thorin would help her.

"kili, let her go! We will save her, uncle thorin will save her!" fili tried to reassure his younger brother.

Why azog wanted to see thorin, kili and Fili did not know. But they were determined to get lily back.

What they didn't know however, was that it would take over seventy years to do so.