Gone?

Ezra's P.O.V

"Ezra!" Sabine shouts but I barrel past her and run into an alley. I skidd to a stop.

Dead end.

"No, no, no, no!" I whirl around and shrink back, eyes wide. Then, not wanting them to see me, I flipped around and leaped up onto a building. I continued running and leapt through a hole down onto the ground. I look back, panting. But I know I lost them. I sighed with relief and started to sit down.....

"Well, well, well," I whirl around. "Look who's back into the game?" I sigh and glare at her. 

"What do you want?" I spat, slumping. Ashe grinned and leapt forward. She studied me, her face growing soft. 

"You know what I want, Ez," she whispered, staring into my face. I grumbled and looked back.

"You know what Melenia wants," Ashe said. "But you know, as well as I know, that she's a liar," Ashe studied me. "You know that right? She's toying with your powers,"

"Yeah I know," I snapped. I felt tears sting the edges of my eyes. "But I also know that I really do owe her something," I say, ruefully. Ashe sighed. 

"Let's get something straight," Ashe snapped. She yanked my shoulders, thrusting me to the ground. Startled, I did nothing to stop her. Ashe leaned down and stared at me, straight in the eye. 

"Number one," she spat. "You. Are. Alive. Number two, you owe Melenia nothing," Ashe's voice softens. 

"But you do have to face her," she added, going back to her usual self. Then she smiled. She lifted my chin and leaned forward her lips brushing my ear. I closed my eyes.

"Go tell  your crew, tell them the truth....."When I opened my eyes, Ashe was gone. But at the same time, I knew she was still here. She was never gone.....

I stood up and lunged forward. I scrambled back onto the roof and started running. I was going back to Sabine and Zeb. Chopper, Hera, and Kanan. 

I was going home.