【Chapter 7】Morning Tea

Chapter 7

Morning Tea and Goodbye

Kiiro had woken up within an old room at the Kuchiki residence. One that had been Hisani's before she had passed. Kiiro had known the lovely woman, and had loved her as the sister she had never had. She remembered all the evenings they would spend together, drinking tea and just talking to one another.

When Hisani had fallen ill, Kiiro recalled her state of shock and how she coped with the pain. Instead of facing it, she packed up her things and disappeared. Feeling that she could never bare the pain of seeing her friend leave her forever.

Kiiro brushed the stray tear from her cheek and instead moved to the old closet. She pulled it open, and gazed at all the old kimonos that were neatly hung. She recalled that Byakuya had told her last night that Hisani had left them for her.

So in order to honor her friend, she undressed and slipped on a pure white kimono that had little blue birds flying up from the bottom of the material. At the top of it there were cherry tree blossoms scattered about. The inside of the kimono was black, with red and gold lining embellishing it.

Feeling the softness of the familiar material come to her senses, she nearly cried again at the memory of gifting this very kimono to her dear friend.

Kiiro then took her sheathed Zanpakutō and secured between her kimono and its belt. She then moved to the adjoining baths and decided to pin her pink curls up in the traditional fashion with jeweled clips. Once she found herself suitable for morning tea, Kiiro slipped on shoes and grabbed a fan to take with her.

She stepped out into the main floor of the Kuchiki residence, finding that Byakuya was already waiting for her.

"Good morning.." She murmured, moving to stand before him with her head partially bowed. She could register the movement of his form before he gently placed his middle and index fingers under her chin.

Lifting her head up, Byakuya gazed at the woman before him in longing just the same as she did at that moment. Kiiro straightened her body and then raised her own hand to take his.

Holding their hands near to her before Byakuya pulled them towards him. Brushing his lips across Kiiro's knuckles, he would release her afterwards and step back.

"Lady Kiiro.." He would murmur, stepping aside and motioning towards the door to the outside before moving through the doorway himself.

Kiiro swiftly crossed the floorboards and entered the fresh air, her copper eyes would meet Byakuya's for a moment before they began the walk to the first division.

"If it's all the same to you," She began, "I would like it more if you just called me Kiiro. Saying Lady reminds me of my grandmother." At her own words she made a face that in turn forced the male beside her to crack a smile.

"As you wish." He replied back in a low voice, his facial features forming into a soft smile.

At the sight of this Kiiro's eyes widened and she almost went to pinch Byakuya's cheeks.

"You're so cute when you smile Byaku." Kiiro cooed and giggled when the male's features turned slightly red.

"Kiiro, I'd request that you'd keep your thoughts more to yourself." Byakuya attempted to compose himself before replying. But Kiiro merely rolled her eyes and ignored his words. And soon enough their stroll ended as their arrived at the entrance of the First Division.

"Thank you for walking me Byakuya. I mean, even though you had to anyways." She leaned upwards and pecked a small kiss to the male's cheek. "I appreciate it."