a new life 13

Ok now or never... I tried taking a step but my legs were frozen. I think I might be a little too excited; I took a calming breath before walking to the castle.

The first time I came here I was chasing that woman so I never had a chance to look at everything.

I passed through the old gates that had vines growing up the walls and the grass was mostly weeds. I pushed open the slightly ajar door and it creaked.

I winced hearing the creaking noise echo down the hall. I could feel my heart was pounding. My heart was either beating with excitement or fear.

I was totally stoked to finally be here and get to check it out, but... the last time I was here that woman was here with that sleeping vampire she kept calling the prince.

I guess I was slightly scared there would be more vampires plus I only wounded that vampire I didn’t kill her, she could still be here waiting to jump me... I guess in some way it made it more exciting but I know she won’t hesitate to tear my head off...

I walked nearly silent down the hallway peering into open door ways. I wasn’t going to open any door because I was slightly scared I would find a vampire group or something.

I came to a split and went to the right. I kind of wanted to find the dungeon where the girl and that vampire were held.

Now that I think about it in the journal the vampire was called a prince... and that vampire was calling that sleeping vampire her prince...

this is the only abandoned vampire castle around... what if that sleeping vampire is the same vampire prince that fell in love with a human and killed her?

I laughed then covered my mouth quickly, but my short laugh echoed down the hallway. I froze and closed my eyes listening to my voice fade away.

When the castle went silent I relaxed and carried on. I should probably be quiet since that vampire might be here... I’m kind of curious to see if that vampire was still sleeping.

I came to a split hallway and scratched my head, how would I find it again? I smacked forehead and closed my eyes sniffing.

If it weren’t for this nose I wouldn’t have found it before. I still remember the light scent so this should be easy.

I could smell the scent where I was so I headed back where I came. When I came to the split hallway I got a small whiff of it and followed it.

I came to a stop when a new scent covered the vampire scent I was trying to find...

It was sweet like dew from a waterfall. It had a smell that was stronger like it was almost... masculine. There was a dusty smell on it but faintly... there was also a gross smell... it almost smelt like rotten blood.

I continued sniffing following it to closed doors. I went to grab it then stopped. What if this is the door? That vampire might behind this door.

I pulled my hand back and up then nearly laughed again. I almost knocked on the door. I wonder if they would open the door if I did that.

I grabbed the door handle with my eyes closed. I felt like a cat more than a wolf right now. I just hope that the curiosity wouldn’t kill the wolf.

My heart sped up slight and in a quick motion I twisted the handle throwing it open.

You know how when you push a door open to hard that it comes flying back? Well that happened and I only got a second to see something.

Before the door slammed in my face I could have swore I saw bright red eyes with a pale face and black hair.