a new life 7

When I woke up the first thing I saw was the black chest. I slid off the bed letting my fingers run over the top. I picked it up and saw there was no key hole... but there was an oval shaped thingy.

My stomach signaled it was breakfast time so I set it down going down stairs. My plate was already made but it was a bit cold. Dam I’m late meeting josh. I shoveled the food into my mouth and swallowed before brushing my teeth and ran out the door.

Soon I arrived at the front gates; I was going to try something new.

"Who are you?!" a guard yelled on top of the wall then jumped down.

I smiled, "my dad is teaching new guards and I’m here to hang out with Josh." if he didn't let me in I was just going to sneak in.

His eyes widened, "oh! Open the gates!" he yelled and the gates were opened. Interesting.... so they know who I am.

I walked in smirking and went inside the castle like a pro. I sniffed and found myself in a living room like place.

As I entered the room Josh’s head snapped up and he smiled as he ran to me, "sissy!!!" he jumped hugging me making me giggle.

I saw he was playing alone but he wasn't in his room. He grabbed my hand, "can I take you on a walk?!" he asked excitedly.

I couldn't help but nod and smile. He grinned pulling me from the room. This went on for a couple of hours of him telling me about what happened and where everything was.

"Did you hear?" I heard a woman whisper making me stop with josh.

"Here what?" the other maid asked curious.

I peeked around the corner and they were close, "about the abandoned vampire castle. I heard one of the higher up maids talking about it. Apparently this vampire castle was abandoned because a vampire prince went crazy killing pretty much everyone in sight. I heard that they barely had enough strength to lock him away and left in case he woke up." she whispered back.

"Really? That’s scary... has anyone checked it out?" that’s what I would like to know.

I know mom had mentioned it but forbid me to going... I honestly forgotten about it but I was curious again. I have a one track mind how sad...

"No apparently they said it is haunted because a human was killed in there and cursed the place. No one has stepped into it for the last 18 years."

"Sissy what are you doing?" I looked down at josh and smiled.

"Sorry josh I was distracted." I told him and walked away as the women blabbed on.

I took him to get lunch and ate as well. When I put him to bed for a nap I wondered the hallways looking for the maids to tell me more about the abandoned castle. Instead I found the door to the library. I wondered inside and looked around.

By luck I found vampire castles. Everything was old so I didn’t expect to find anything on the abandoned castle. I grabbed a random book about vampires and flipped through it. I sat on a couch reading.

I jumped up at the sound of the door opening. I put the book back in place and peeked around a shelf. I was surprised to see that maid who told the other girl about the castle.

I was about to ask for her until I heard my dad’s howl. I sighed walking out; I jogged going outside and he stood there waiting.

He smiled, "want to fight?"

***

After a hit to fighting with other werewolves I was bored and hungry. We headed back to the house and I ate distracted.

My mind was still reeling about the whole castle thing. I went to bed but just laid there thinking about all the information I knew.

The box, the death of willow Johnson, and the abandoned castle. Oh and that alpha dude I didn’t like. He was somehow tied to willow...