29. The Choice Is Yours.

Start from the beginning

Even though it was hiding under the sheets of guarding emotions, the love he felt towards this no doubt, an important girl in his life, was visible. It was as clear as the day, it made perfect sense. They had a past. A past which held so many secrets that I will never be able to discover, but one thing was sure.

There was a chance they could tie those lose ends of their relationship together again.

I didn't know whether to feel happy about that or grieve over the new found information. If Damien took this girl back in his life, she will distract him from being around me. Isn't that what I always wanted? I didn't want anything to do with him.

"Damien," Katrina's voice was merely a whisper but it worked it's magic. It made Damien gasp as if he still couldn't believe she was here.

All of a sudden, as if just realizing there was someone else presented in the room, her eyes shifted to me, blinking with curiosity.

Suddenly, I didn't feel comfortable standing there anymore. I felt like I was invading their privacy, as if I was interrupting them by just breathing in the same room as them. I felt I didn't belong here.

The fact that Damien was not going to snap out of his shocked state anytime soon, I broke the silence, "I-- I need to fill water in the jug."

I gestured towards the empty water jug sitting on his bedside table, without waiting for his response I picked it up and almost asked Damien if I could borrow his wings to fly out of the room. Without wasting anymore time, I made my way into the hallway, leaving behind the two lovers to drown in their own past memories.

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

<><><><><>Damien's POV <><><><>

I never thought I would see this day in my eternal life. I never thought I would see her again.

After Alexis decided to break the images flashing through my mind, of mine and Katrina's past memories, I finally recovered from the shock.

Erasing the fake personality of hers from my mind, I looked at the selfish witch in front of me. A witch who used me for her own good. A girl who was never capable of loving or receiving any from others due to her own stupidity. I looked at the person in front of me who was a walking definition of back stabber and betrayer.

The part I hated the most was that she looked the same, the same Katrina I fell for. The same Katrina who loved and cared for me like no one else has before.

Getting rid of those thoughts, I tried to remember that no matter how beautiful and breathtaking she is on the outside, she's the complete opposite on the inside.

On the inside she's nothing but an empty shell who doesn't give two fucks about anyone but herself.

"What are you doing here?"

I watched her flinch at my harsh tone. Did she really not expect that? What did she think I was going to do? Have my arms wide open for her as she took her first step into the room? Or did she expect me to bow down and kiss her hand like I use to? Did she really think I was going to treat her like a goddess, showering rose petals on her and kissing the floor she walked on?

Reality check, darling, you're the same bitch who played with my heart, twisted it, and then stomped on it 20 years ago. It took every ounce of the energy in me to hold back the poisonous words.