Seek The Truth

Meanwhile, within the Dragon Kingdom's palace; "I must find that book..." Kaitos silently murmurs as he sneaks past his fellow guards, avoiding any unnecessary confrontation; hoping to retrieve something within his master's boudoir.

"Anything to help Matilda and Rose to escape, even if means betraying my prince..." The opal dragon sidles a little in attempt of eluding one of his own species; after waiting a bit, he's on the move again. He sneaks pass though all the security, progressively making his way to Prince Len's master bedroom; he ignores the subtle hints of guilt in his gut.

"After what his highness did, I can't forgive him..." Slyly slipping through the protective sections of the massive wing, he somehow manages to find what's he's been looking for; the master's sleeping quarters.

Before entering, he listens in behind a secluded corner; he hears Len's voice.

"Ah, soon all of the pieces shall be in place; pity that knight in red's coming this way. Rowling...gather some of the other dragons and make a barricade at the main pass, that little whelp and his ridiculous companions mustn't be able to get here before the wedding. It'll be a disaster if they managed to get here before it's finished."

Rowling's voice answers respectfully, "Yes master, consider it done."

The pale reptile mutters hatefully as he observes them leaving, apparently leaving the room wide open; with no one around.

"It's too easy, very suspicious; though I haven't the time to think about such risks..." He murmurs lowly before carefully entering into said place, praying to goddesses he doesn't get caught; thankfully it seems safe to go in.

Kaitos searches thoroughly, trying extremely hard not to disturb certain things in this particular room; "Where could it be?" He wonders in slight worry, checking near the elegant nightstands beside a wonderful canopy bed; not having much luck in finding what he seeks so desperately. He looks high in the bookshelves then glances below onto the finely carpeted floor, yet it's not there; the mildly big lizard facepalms himself with a soft groan of discontent. He spends a few minutes more; seeking what could well break the spell off of the girl, who he worries for.

As he begins to doubt it's really here, his scaly elbow bumps into something on the writing desk; a small navy blue book with a really elaborate design. "Oh goddesses, I've found it!" His mind cheerfully rejoices as he promptly picks up the coveted journal, he tucks it away safely into his right underarm; before making a mad dash out of there. The pale dragon flees endlessly into the darkness of the corridor, only dimly glowing candles light the way; to Princess Rose's sleeping quarters.

On the way though, he bumps into one of the other guards on the night shift. This dragon is particularly smaller than the rest with light mauve scales. "Oh Syria, I didn't mean to; it's just I've..."

Kaitos tries to explain himself when Syria replies with a simple gaze from her light scarlet eyes, "If you're in a rush then, who am I to stop you; besides I got to complete this route or I'm never going to get any sleep..." She lets out a small yawn before just walking around him, ignoring anything else that may come her way; all for the sake of completing her route. The emerald eyed creature breathes a sigh of relief, thankful that he hasn't been caught yet; thus he proceeds down the seemingly endless hallway.

After a while, he manages to find the right door; though he finds that it's been locked for the night. He takes the book, which contains the truth; from under his arm and nonchalantly slides it under.

He notices a shadow at the door, small hands pull the book into the other side of the room; "Thank you for doing this, but you have to go...now..." Rose's voice softly speaks through the wooden door.