Down to Business

The albino could have sworn he felt his skin catch fire in the stifling, Viennese summer sun. He didn't like it here one bit; he much preferred the more moderate climate of Germany at the moment. In fact, his brother was waiting for him back in Berlin... He'd just have to wait a few more days. Then, he thought, I'll be done with this overrated business trip. Who cares about advertising in this Gott verdammt country, anyway? He supposed that he did, if it benefited his successful arms manufacturing business.

And so, Gilbert Beilschmidt, President and CEO of Little Birdie Fire Arms Co, continued his "short" walk back to the hotel he was staying at. He'd at least enjoy the inviting clusters of small shops and larger stores that distinguished the city before his departure in three days' time. His destination still being quite a few blocks away, Gilbert couldn't take it any longer. The albino dove across the street into the nearest café (with air conditioning-- THANK GOD!), ordered an Eiskaffee, and promptly marched out with the refreshing beverage. Before continuing his journey, however, something stopped him a few steps from the entrance. The sound of a gorgeous violin being played drifted in through his ears and somehow made its way out of his every exhale, as though each note was a calming breeze.

He couldn't say how long he stood there for-- a second? Two minutes? Ten? However long it had been, the music had frozen him in that spot. There was no more café or blistering sun; only him and the melody that completely enraptured his every sense. Gilbert not only heard it; he saw the stunning scenery of the music, tasted it like chocolate on his lips, could breath in and smell its light, sweet scent. Most of all, though, he felt it. The music drifted all through him, calming every nerve and almost bringing a tear to his eye. But he caught himself, jerking out of his nearly paralyzed state.

Crying? At a song played by some street performer??? How unawesome! he thought. That music is distracting me, is all! I need to get back to the hotel to prepare for my next meeting in half an hour... And so, he spun on his heel to walk across the street. Oh, how that one look would change all others!

Gilbert was met with the sight of the street performer who'd just finished playing. His head was bent as he picked up then next sheets to play for another song. But the angle his head was at captured the sun so perfectly on his thick, dark brown tresses, making them appear almost as a shade of golden brown. Then, as the man lifted his face, a small, unruly cowlick sprung up and... Gilbert didn't know. But the way it rebelled on a head of otherwise neat hair gave the violinist a more natural, easy look. His face however, disagreed with the wayward lock of hair. A pair of glasses rested on the man's thin, ski-slope nose, which was joined on his face by pressed-together lips, and only slightly furrowed brows that gave him a look of sheer elegance, concentration, and professionalism. Just below his lip was a small mole that probably would have been quite fashionable sometime in the last century.

But perhaps the most mesmerizing thing about the man was his set of shining, violet eyes. They buzzed with a sort of suppressed excitement about and dedication to what he was doing. These were the stunning eyes of a serious man. They were the eyes of an intelligent man. They were the eyes of a man unlike any other that Gilbert had ever seen. He was... in one simple word...

Beautiful.

"Well? Do you have a request, tip, or just want to stare?" A voice with a thick Austrian accent broke the businessman from his reverie. Realizing what he'd been doing, Gilbert flushed a bright red. Even more sweat than he'd previously thought possible broke out on his brow. Oh, he's salty!

"Oh- uh- I-" Stuttering??? SO unawesome!!! Gilbert allowed a brief second to compose himself before trying again. "Ah! Yes! Um, tip! I would like to leave a tip for your awesome music!"