Chapter 9

© Copyright Nicole Nelson, 2011

Brandon's POV-

We all filed out of the limo in the front of the school in an orderly fashion, Brooke’s proposition still ringing in my ears. Music erupted the moment we opened the doors to the school, causing the walls and ground to vibrate to the booming beat. As a group we made our way to the cafeteria where the excitement was taking place, the music growing louder with each step we took. When we finally reached the entrance, Todd and Kristy headed straight for the tables to find a place for us all to sit and relax when we weren’t dancing and before I knew it Brooke was dragging me by my hand to the center of the dance floor.

Once we were in the middle of the crowded room there was a brief moment of silence in between songs and she turned to face me, clutching my biceps. A few seconds later as the next song started, she turned around and pressed her back against my stomach as moved her hips seductively to the fast beat. I rested my hands around the front of her hips and buried my face in her long flowing locks. We stayed in this routine movement until Jay-Z's voice faded away and all that could be heard were the laughs and chattering of students.

Again, Brooke twirled around bouncily to face me and yet another song started playing. She remained facing me and started waving her arms in the air and swishing her hips to the beat. I wrapped my arms loosely around her waist, resting my hands directly above her ass. Her hips began grinding into mine throughout the entire song, causing my body to ache immensely with desire.

Next was a classic “slow dance” song, making the burning ache stop dead in its tracks. This was our cue to get drinks and rest at the table for a while, at least until the romantic aura in the room was gone. Of course, all the couples rushed to the dance floor and I seriously didn’t want Brooke to get the wrong idea about what was going on between us.

We weaved through the dense crowd and eventually caught sight of our group’s tiny vacant table. As we walked up and pulled out our chairs, eager to sit, Brooke grabbed my arm tightly and slowly leaned into my neck.

After giving the skin just below my ear a sloppy, wet kiss she whispered breathily “I’m going to the ladies room. You can meet me in there if you want.” And with that, she sauntered around the corner that led to the restrooms.

I decided it would be wise to wait a few minutes to follow her to avoid looking overly suspicious. As I stood in place staring out into the sea of dancing and strobe lights, Gracie’s bright yellow dress contrasted every other color in the dark room and caught my eye. I watched Paul grab her hand in his and wrap her into his arms in a slow motioned blur as if my eyes and brain needed time to make sense of what they were witnessing.

He whispered something in her ear that made her cheeks flush and she buried her face into his chest shyly. Seeing his hands venture down her back and begin to rub her bottom, similar to what I just did to Brooke- my actual date; the one sitting in the bathroom waiting for me- was more than I could handle. I had never seen her flirting or being groped by anyone before. An unfamiliar, unwanted feeling washed over every inch of my body leaving me hallow and raw to my core.

Jealousy?

She looked utterly confused when she noticed me storming towards them and carelessly pushing my way through the crowd. After all, as far as she knew I had been seemingly okay with their union all week. The thought of them together was easy to ignore but actually seeing him with his hands all over her did something indescribable to me and set a tornado of emotions into effect.

Anger.

Protectiveness.

Hurt.

Jealously.