Let the Game Begin

You had gotten there when the sun barely peeked over the evrgreens. A total of 5 figures stood in front of Corporal Levi, and an unfamiliar figure. She had brown hair tied into a messy tail and wore round glasses. The expression she wore was...pure delight. It was flattering, but frightening at the same time.

The trainees a were Tess, Vic, Margot, Ross, and Kirkland. Tess and Ross were siblings. They always liked to take risks. The hung with Vic, who was the loudest. Then there was Margot, and Kirkland. Kirkland was the highest in the class. Margot was quiet, but she was great with the maneuver gear.

As you approached the group, you were greeted by none other than the Corporal.

"You're late."His was glaring at me with much more intensity than yesterday."Explain yourself."

I tensed my body in respect before replying.
"Dawn is when the sun rises. I came as soon as it began."

"Idiot. I said be here at dawn not come here at dawn. " He snarled. I kept my stance and just glared at him. He did the same. This continued for a good minute before the woman interupted.
"Good morning worms! I am Hange Zoë! I have prepared this mock training, so pay attention to the rules." She held up he finger as if teaching, and adjusted her glasses. "We will split into two teams, chosen by Levi and I. Whoever retrieves the most gas cans hidden in the weak spot of these titan dummies will be the winner."

"This'll be easy!" Said Vic, while Tess and Ross high fived.

Hange glasses flashed in the morning light,before she'd adjusted them and continued speaking.

"There's one catch. These cans,have something in them. That something will determine your...incentives." She said the words with a sickening smile before happily turning to Levi. "Shorty! Pick your team!"

I bit my toungue when the giggles erupted out. The blood rushed to me cheeks when he stopped to glare at me.

"Cadet, was that funny?"He said while slowly treading over to me. Each step was magnified, as everyone was quiet. It was as if even the birds stopped chirping to see the cause of this tension.

He finally stood in front of you, inches from you. He made it a point to not tilt his head up so you must look down. Close up, Levi had a very young face only plagued with lines of worry. His eyes were as dark as night, and his hair fell evenly upon his face.

"You." He gestured to me with his chin while he frowned on disgust. "Come with me. Shitty Glasses,take the rest."

You watch as Hange took the rest of the tranees. Vic, Tess, and Ross smirked while waving in mock sincerity. Kirkland and Margot almost gave you a look of pity. They followed the middle trail of a path that forked into 3 directions into the training woods. 

Your line of sight was abruptly cut as Levi stepped in front of you again.

"We won't be needing them for what I'll have you doing. " He took the path that was on the far right and waited for you to catch up to him.