The bill counting stops and he looks up at her.

“Three weeks?”

“Yes, if you don’t like it then feel free to leave.”

He eyes her for a few moments before continuing his count. When he is finished he slides the pile across to her. She pockets the notes and pulls out a note pad and pen.

"Your name?”

“Marcus Boltwin.”

"Your brother’s name?”

“Ace Harman.”

She pauses and looks up questioningly at the gentleman across from her.

“He got a name change when we were younger, said it was for work purposes,” he shrugs.

She nods and scribbles the name down.

“When was he killed?”

"I don’t know, all they told me was that he was stabbed by someone.”

“They?”

“The police department,” he sighs.

“I see,” she murmurs “I’ll need to look over his private residence to see if he was in possession of anything that could have led to his death.”

“Of course, I’ll have someone meet you at his house tomorrow.”

“And where would that be?”

“4 Hanglinton avenue.”

"What time?”

“Around noon.”

She raises an eyebrow at the time but scribbles it down next to the address.

“How will I contact you?” he asks.

She turns the page and scribbles her number down before tearing it out and sliding it across to him. Marcus takes the page and stuffs it into his wallet before replacing it in his jacket.

“I’ll be waiting for your report Miss Glades,” he states, standing from his chair.

She nods, not bothering to look up as she puts her note book and pen away. When she looks back up her client had already left. Sighing she stands and shrugs her bag onto her shoulders. As she walks away from the café the young woman retrieves her phone from her jacket. She scrolls down her contacts list and selects the number she needs. The phone is answered after a few rings.

“Hello? Yes this is Chase, I’m going to need some information on someone. Yeah his name was Ace Harman. Yes, he’s dead. Murdered recently, can I get the information tomorrow morning? Two days! Fine but I won’t pay your normal fee,” she snaps before hanging up.

Chase continues down the street, the black clad female glances behind her and notices that she’s being followed.

'Perfect, just perfect.’

She turns down a less crowded alley and continues down it pretending not to notice the person following her. A few metres down the alley she turns to face her tail. He’s aged in his mid-twenties and is wearing grimy clothing which is torn in various places.

“That was a lot of money to be entrusted to a little girl like yourself,” he remarks producing a small knife “how about handing it over?”

She frowns at the appearance of the knife and notices the desperate look that has developed in his eye.

“You know I could scream and someone would come running,” she answers, beginning to back away.

“No they wouldn’t, believe me I’ve done this before.”