Shuttin' it Down or Gettin' Shut Down

Chivonn:

I met up with Risa at her place and we finished making sure the other looked right before heading out. She spent about an hour and a half straightening my hair. I didn't even know it was as long as it was. It reached about middle of my back. I am usually the sober driver but tonight Risa was letting it be all about me. No responsibilities... No holding back it was high time that I was able to let loose.

As soon as we stepped outside, I regretted the short red dress I chose to wear. The temperature had straight dropped about twenty degrees since I had gotten off work. Risa and I rushed to her car and she turned the heat on full blast.

"It's finna be hot in the club though, so we'll be a'ight." She said. She had on a mini skirt and a long sleeved green shirt with cut outs in the shoulders. "Plus you look so hot right now... Every man in the place is gonna be tryn'a holla."

I just laughed but in the back of my mind I could still see Michael glaring at me from the front door of the house this morning. We rode to the club with Trina's 'Single Again' blaring from Risa's speakers. Q was a pretty high end place. It was a blur of fancy dresses, shoes, and Coach and Michael Kors bags on every shoulder. Instead of plastic cups, everyone was holding elegant glasses. Fake enthusiasm in everyone's voices...

The club area was a little bit less classy, but Risa wanted to mingle around for moment before diving right in.

Risa led me over to the bar next to two other ladies. "Ladies, this is my best friend Chivonn Rockwell." She introduced me.

"Chev, this is Shana and Paulette. My coworkers. Well Paulette's actually my boss." Risa smiled, her posture had completely changed in their presence. Risa could be as ghetto as she wanted to be, but she knew how to act depending on her surroundings.

"Nice to meet you, Chivonn." Shana said taking my hand in a light hand shake. They were both Caucasian females. Shana a brunette with a bob haircut and Paulette had a long mane of blonde and brown mixed hair. Both of them looked to be early thirties. Again, the younger people were all in the club.

It quickly made sense why Risa wanted to mingle with these two older ladies. They bought us not one, but two rounds of some pretty expensive shots and without being too obvious Risa politely said her goodbyes.

"Woo... you feelin' it? Cause girl, I'm almost there..."

It took a couple of minutes but those shots definitely hit me. Especially since I don't drink very often. I felt that familiar comforting buzz get to me.

"I'm good." I said following her out to the dance floor. I was slightly buzzing, but not enough to feel comfortable dancing with anyone, but Risa. I shied away from a few guys who tried to get me to move with them. Soon enough Risa and I found ourselves toward the back of the club by the second bar ready to order a drink.

Michael:

I paced around outside of the apartment smoking a cigarette. Visions of otha niggas puttin' they hands on my woman was turnin' my sight red. I was a goddamn asshole to her and no tellin' how she was about to retaliate. Nah... she wouldn't take it that far... She wouldn't really go home with another dude. I'm thinkin' crazy right now. I blew out another puff of smoke and paced. CJ where the fuck are you?! I'm gonna kill that stupid nigga.

He finally come pullin' up all slow in his dented up hooptie. It was actually a newer car and a nice model too, but dude wasn't takin' care of it. Tires all bald and shit. I'm finna step into a death trap... I see him get out of the car.

"What you doin?! Let's go!"

"Why do I have to drive?" CJ asked. I rolled my eyes. Man, this whiny ass nigga... I had to keep my cool wit him though. Cause I'mma need this dude to carry out my dad's dirty work from here on.