"You cant save me..."

Farkle POV
"Dude, are we ever going to talk about what's happening?" I asked Lucas as we waited outside Marie's pizzeria.

This was the first time in awhile we'd hung out alone. In all honesty I was avoiding him. How can a person look at someone they care about and lie to their face.

He gave me a funny look,
"What do ya mean? Nothing's happening? Everything's fine."

"Oh really? Look around, Lucas! What's missing?"

He looked super lost. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Our friends you moron!!!" I said frustrated, "We're falling apart and you don't seem to care!"

He glared at me,
"Don't ever say that, Minkus. I do care. More then you'll ever know."

"Then why are we not with them? Why aren't we with Riley and Zay? Why aren't Riles and Maya talking and why are you not talking to the girl you really love?" I was yelling now and people were beginning to stare.

"Look Farkle, Maya and Riley got into a fight they'll get over it. And Riley and I..." he stopped and cleared his throat, "Our group is just changing."

I noticed he didn't deny that Riley was the girl he really loved and that got me even more angry.

"Lucas. If you're in love with her, then why are you still with Maya?"

"I love her too..."

"Not the way you clearly love Riley Eleanor Matthews and not the way..." I stopped myself quickly. I realized I was about to say, 'not the way I love her.' Lucas didn't seem to notice he was staring at the ground.

"I don't want to hurt her," he said sadly, "and I can't lose another friend. I've already lost R..Riley." He choked out her name holding back his emotions. I felt a pang in my heart.

"You didn't lose her Lucas," I reasoned, feeling the guilt eat away at me. I had to tell him about me and Maya, "Lucas," he looked at me, "Maya and I..."

"Order for Lucas and Farkle," the waiter called.

We grabbed our food and Lucas asked about an upcoming project. The moment had passed. I was still lying to my best friend.
.............................................................................

I looked at the clock for the 10th time in the last 3 minutes. It read 1:59 am. She said she'd be here by 2 o'clock sharp. She was always on time and I could hardly wait. My heart felt like it could race out of my chest. I jumped off my bed as soon as I heard the elevator ding. There she stood gorgeous and pink from the cold night air. As soon as she saw me she ran and leaped into my arms. I held her tight as I carried her into my room locking the door behind us.

"I missed you," I breathed heavily.

"Shut up," she giggled bringing her lips to mine.

We just fit; like to perfect puzzle pieces. She was the wild child, and I was the nothing genius. We were totally different but yet so alike in the ways that mattered. She was the one person I would never be able to get enough of.

As our lips moved in synch I pushed us down onto the bed causing her to laugh. Her laugh, her smile, I never wanted this to end. But what was this? That's when I felt that pang again. That knot that kept reminding me that my girl wasn't really mine. She was my best friends girlfriend.

"Farkle," she whispered against my lips.

I looked into her eyes hovering over her.