Because of You (Ch. 38)

~Clementine's POV~
~Thursday

I wake up Nicole. When I do she slaps my hand.

"Hey!" I yelp.

"Sorry." She giggles.

"Whatever." I playfully roll my eyes.

"Get up you walrus." I laugh at her.

"Hey!" She shoots back.

"That's what you get for slapping me." I snicker.

I wash my face and get dressed. I wear a light blue shirt with a white anchor on it. I wear it with skinny jeans and pair with white vans. I leave my hair natural and down. I put on some makeup and head downstairs.

"Only one more day after today. Then graduation." Nicole says before taking a bite of her apple and tossing me my keys.

When Nicole and I arrive at school I'm grabbed by someone and pulled away from Nicole.

The person brings me into a room.

It's Tristan.

"Uh?" I make a bewildered face.

"Clem. I know I've told you this before but... I miss you."

"Tristan. I can't... I can't do this. You have a girlfriend. I have a boyfriend." I explain.

"And what if I don't want it to be that way." He leans in.

"Heh, um Tristan?"

He kisses me and I don't know what to do. I push him away instantly.

"Tristan. Stop. I can't do this."

"Clem."

"I'll admit, I... I miss you too. But I've always... I've always loved Ashton."

"And not me." He pulls away, sounding hurt.

"Tristan." I sigh

"I understand." He walks out of the room.

"We finally talk after three months? And it ends this way?" I think.

I walk out to find Tristan stopped in his tracks. Ashton and Lyric are standing, staring right at us.

They had seen the whole thing.

Lyric walks up to Tristan and slaps him on the face. I snicker. But that ends quick.

"And what are you laughing at?" Ashton growls.

"I... um."

He shakes his head and walks away.

"Ashton wait." I run up to him, leaving Tristan to deal with an angry Lyric.

"Clem." He says with a saddened eyes.

"Ashton. I'm sorry, I pulled away. It's not like I kissed back. I stopped it when I realized what was happening."

"Clem. What did you say to me yesterday?" He looks down.

"Ashton."

"Clem."

"I.. I said I loved you."

"And by the look of it, it doesn't seem true." He turn away

"But it is. You can't be mad at me, for pulling away from him and ending it!"

"Clem."

"Ashton, you've kissed lots of people, that even mentioning it makes me... makes me angry and jealous. And you did it on purpose!"

"Clem I apologized." He fires back

"And is this not me apologizing?" I snap

"Clem."

"Ashton... I am really sorry. There really isn't anything else I can say but sorry. I did everything I could have. I'm sorry." I apologize, calm this time.

"I... I know you are."

"Believe me when I say that I truly love you." I plead.

"I believe you." He smiles.

He kisses me and I raise an eyebrow.

"I love you too." He cracks a smirk.

The bell rings and we go our different ways.

*End of school*

Tristan comes up to me when I'm gathering my things to leave. When he speaks. His words shock me.

"I broke up with Lyric." He blurts out.

"W-what?" I stop what I'm doing.

"Yeah." He replies.

"And why did you do that?" I ask him not turning around.

"That reason doesn-" I stop him.

"Tristan?" I turn to face him.

"It was... I broke up with her because of you." He murmurs.

"What?"

Ashton walks up to me. And places an arm around me. I can tell he's jealous by his body language.

"I... we have to go." I stutter pulling Ashton.

"Ashton?" I question, my tone annoyed.

"What did he say to you?" I can see the jealously in his eyes.

"Um, you can stop being the jealous boyfriend." I laugh.

"Seriously Clem." His voice stern.

"Ashton. You don't need to worry. It's fine." I smile at him.

"Clem?"

"Ashton, you should trust me more than you do. I should be the one worrying about you." I reply.

"Okay. You're right. I'm sorry." He hugs me.

"Okay. Well, I got to go." I kiss his cheek and walk to Nicole. We leave the school.

I can't stop thinking about what Tristan told me on the way home.

"He said because of me?"

**********
Hey, so in chapter 35 was it? I said I had a surprise in store. Well the surprise is I will be continuing this book when they're in college! So when this book ends, I will start on the next one which is like a sequel to this one. The next book I make after this one will be the official last one of Clementine's story. I am already working on the cover for the next book so yeah. Don't hate me if I didn't exactly make Clementine end up with who you wanted😂. Anyway I hope you like this chapter. Comment for any errors and yeah, bye!

♢Alabama♢