Let's Call it Love:Chapter 12 Party and Alvin&Nobody

Start from the beginning

He sighed tiredly. "Well you are in everyone's eyes. We just want the old Scarlette back. Not this new one," he said, a bit of sadness in his voice.

I was frozen in my place. Seeing as how I was reacting, he walked off to somewhere, most probably his class. I gathered my things and ran off to my next class.

I got there, sitting next to someone I don't know.

I felt really bummed. With what Chase said, if my actions affected them, then why is there a single person that isn't showing their hurt? No it's not that I want to see their reaction to this, it's just I don't see a single thing from them except Chase.

It's like a disguise that their putting up. I've been putting up a disguise for a large amount of time and even put up a wall from everyone of them. And they are trying to break that wall.

"What can I do if this is the only way?" I blurted out, whispering.

The person next to me, gave me a look. I shrugged and laid my head in my arms.

This class dragged on and so did the next until unch time. I was in my locker putting books back and was about to head to the cafeteria for some water.

I got dragged away from my path and was led up to the rooftop. We finally met up with the light from the afternoon sun making us stop to look.

Eventually, my mind flashed a few things of the dance night and what I saw. Especially the scene of when he said,

"Scarlette and I are only good friends. Nothing else," he confirmed, while hugging her passionately, barely touching her head.

Those words made my heart numb but checked on who it is.

"Dalton," I said.

He was looking on the scenery that the rooftop gave us. He had a careless look on his face.

"Hi," he greeted.

I gave him an awkward wave.

"Look I'm sorry if I acted differently the past few weeks. Let's just say it was the only way that I thought of. But I never really thought of my actions affecting you guys. I guess I just thought about myself. I'm selfish," I explained.

He sighed. I walked over to him eventually, I held my arms out and we hugged. It felt like it was more than a friend way for me but I'm most likely sure it's just a simple hug for him. My heart started to feel less numb and my heartbeat accelerated. This feeling isn't what should happened.

I let go of the hug quickly, looking away. His arms were stuck in a hugging position.

"What can I do, for you to forgive me?" I asked.

"Give me your whole day this weekend," he said casually.

I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Your whole day this Saturday," he said.

When I want my feelings to dissapear. I bet they will be coming back. Just what I need right now. Well I guess I can make an exception for Dalton. Hopefully a day with Dalton isn't going to bring back the little feelings I got rid of. Oh boy.

I gave him a nervous smile, "Sure."

He gave me a bright smile, "It's settled."

I half smiled at him. My stomach growled loudly for him to hear. I blushed, feeling embarrassed.

"Guess my good friend is hungry," he said laughing at me.

At that point, seeing him laugh and smile at the moment when he said "my good friend", I felt no pain. I guess I'll be nothing more to him but just a good friend of his. I'm just glad to at least have him by my side. For now.