~ Arrivals ~

Log Date: 8/29/3172 -Drake-

"It's been a little over a week since my arrival at this new outpost, and the leader of the whole group of survivors has decided to recruit me into their scouting regiment. Working my way up the ranks, I hope to even one day surpass Randall as the head of the scouts and use that position to my advantage in any chances of finding my old squad-mates who could still be alive, knowing them." I thought to myself while standing in line for the morning meal with Cadmus, Randall, and Franky, who I had met during the time I have been here. 

Since it was almost time for the bases's annual harvest coming up on the first of September in a few days, no people were sent out on scouting missions in the hopes of having everyone here to help gather the food that was grown on the rooftops of nearby buildings. Knowing that plants grew all over the place here, I thought it was strange for there to be so much vegetation, but instead my old home was littered with nothing more than the occasional tumbleweed. Our only plants had been the desert life such as cacti and vegetation around the one oasis we did have in the entire city, located in the barren sand dunes of the desert.

After eating, the four of us were to be assigned to the front gate's lookout towers, with Cadmus and myself in one, and Randall and Franky being in charge of the other one across from my station. Even though it was harvest time, we would of course still need security while the others gathered the different crops from inside of and close by the outpost. 

The warm, humid air brisked by our faces as the day calmly went by with little to no action. For some reason, the Corrupt just weren't around here today. At about a little after one in the afternoon, Randall pointed out a group of figures in the distance. Unsure of them being friendly survivors, some Corrupt, or even hostile survivors, the group hastily readied our weapons. When I finally heard distinct shouts of fear, the light bulb in my head lit up. It was a small group of survivors being chased by a large horde of Corrupt. 

We all used our ranged weapons to start picking off the figures, but until they got closer, only the ones the group was one hundred percent sure were Corrupt. And the less distance between us, the more it looked like I recognized some of them...

---Ciaran P.O.V.---

The moaning and groaning of the undead pests behind us grew fainter, but just in the slightest. On the horizon, there was a walled of series of buildings, which I guessed covered about ten percent of the entire city. Between the span of one street, two towers cast a shadow on either side. Shots began to race past me as the Corrupt fell down, one by one. The rest of my squadmates ran beside me, seeking what hopefully what was the shelter we had been hunting for.  

We had been looking for about a week after our outpost had been destroyed. After barely escaping with our lives, the six of us treaded through the desert towards the mountain. A city skyline had appeared after we had been walking for what seemed like weeks. Only yesterday did we finally enter the outer reaches of the new-found city, and began looking for a decent place to camp out. Then the Corrupt had arrived. A small horde of them had started breaking the windows of the rundown store we had stayed in overnight this morning, so we ran. Over time, more and more of the plagued peopled joined the horde until it was the size of the group chasing us now. We could have fought earlier, but now their numbers were just overwhelming. 

We were now only a few minutes out from the community that lie in front of us, and all I hoped for was that today was not the day I died. 

---Drake P.O.V.---

The group of survivors was now close enough for me to figure out their numbers. Looking in the distance, I saw that there were six of them. Using the scope on my rifle for the day, I could actually see the faces of our approaching targets. Seeing who they were, I immediately shouted towards Randall and Franky, who were picking off the Corrupt along with Cadmus beside me. 

"You have to let these people in! I'll explain later, but I know them and they will not attack! Finish off the rest of the plagued, and alert the gate keeper over comms to let them in. Trust me!" Randall just simply nodded in understanding, and for the next few minutes, the rest of the zombies were shot down by the four of us. As the six survivors approached, I decided to finally tell Randall and the others about how I knew the survivors. 

"Okay, here goes nothing. Basically, you already know how I came from another outpost after everybody else had died. I thought my fellow squadmates had perished in the fight, but they are walking towards us right now. So if you wish to know, their names are Alex, Cora, Riley, Lexi, Natalie, and Ciaran." 

Looks of sympathy and mutual agreement that my fellow squadmates would be allowed to enter the outpost. Although, Randall seemed deep  in thought about something. I'll ask him about that later. When my old friends got close enough to the base to see who I was, they greeted me with very excited "hello"s and "You're ALIVE?!"s. After discussing the matter with Randall and Maxwell, we decided that my old squadmates would also become new recruits in the different regiments. Well, I guess this really  happened.