~Prologue~

Log Date-8/17/3172

-Well, since Officer Maxwell is ordering all scouts to keep track of what they find in the Ruins and the happenings of that day, might as well do it before I'm fed to the reconciled creatures that linger in the darkness. Here goes nothing then.-

The gates of the compound closed behind me as the moaning and groaning Corrupt rounded the corner. Snipers in the towers on either side of my self picked off the plagued creatures one by one. 

"Randall! I assume you got what I asked for?" Ugh, it was him again. Nick, the second in command, was only here to look out for himself and every one knew it. As for myself, being one of the groups' scouts, I always had to do that foul excuse of a man's dirty work. 

"Yeah, whatever Nick. Here's your darn cigarettes." I tossed him the carton and walked away before I had to deal with anymore of his well-known nonsense. Moss and plants had overtaken the city, or at least the parts not littered with dead Corrupt. Perhaps even some Untainted have died out there, knowing the horrors of the city with my own eyes. When I got to my room, I climbed up the wall and on to the roof. There, I used my crowbar I kept handy at all times to pry open my entryway. After getting in the room, I pulled the entry down and bolted it shut with the locks. I turned on the small lamp and went to bed right then before the noise started again.

A//N- Sorry it's so short,but I'm on a bit of a writer's block and ran out of ideas. If a chapter is wanted, I will continue if asked in the comments.