The Teenager and the New Car

A father and a son drive into the parking lot of a car dealership so the son can buy his first car, since he recently got his driver’s license. As they got out of the car, Tom, the son, says, “I want a muscle car.”

“Tom, what about the police?” asked his dad.

“I don’t know what color to choose. I like red, but yellow would be cool too.”

“The police stop cars painted yellow and red more often, which causes higher insurance rates. How about a car with a nice, safe gray color?”

“I wonder if I can get a convertible?”

“What if it rains? I can see tons of money going down the drain for repairs. I did that once, left my top down on the second car I owned, I had to get rid of it.” said the dad.

“Oh, cool, here’s a Mustang that’s painted yellow. All the girls at my school would want to ride in it, and all of the guys would be jealous.”

“If you get that, you pay for your own insurance. Making the other guys jealous is not my idea of fun, how about a nice, safe Cadillac or a pick-up truck?”

“Hey dad, here’s a Dodge Challenger. This one is cool.”

“My dad wouldn’t let me drive a muscle car like the Pontiac GTO; I didn’t have good enough grades. I really wanted a GTO, it was all the rage in high school. Are you sure you don’t want a Cadillac?”

“I could go to the drag races at the speedway on Saturday nights if I got this car. I wonder if I should get a Supra?” asked Tom.

“How about your grades, can we talk about your grades? Your principal called me earlier…”

A car salesman walked up and asked, “Can I help you gentlemen?”

“Cool, here’s a cherry red Camaro. I think I want to test drive it.”

“Well, here’s a heavy 3/4 ton pick-up, this one is safe for driving around,”

“A truck would protect your son from a multitude of wrecks. What kind of options are you two looking for?” asked the salesman.

“I know what I should do; I should find a car on E-Bay or on Craigslist. Let’s go.”

“Oh, great, more headaches. There are murderers on Craigslist, I don’t see a good outcome with that. E-Bay would get really expensive, are you sure you don’t want a car from here?” asked the father, as both of them got into the father’s car, and drove away.

“Teenagers are my worst customers.” the car salesman said, complaining to no one in particular.

Cliff Ball has written and published nine novels, which are available in paperback and e-book, through sites such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. Check out his website, http://www.cliffball.net to find out more information on his novels.