A Big city. (part 1)

Warnings: Bullying, Selfharm. I'M SORRY THESE HAVE BEEN SO SAD :c

Words: (1293)

I was 7 years old when I moved to California, Sacramento. Only a little girl, in a big city. Me, my mom, and sister, lived in a apartment suite. We weren't poor at all, my mother was a dentist and my 14 year old sister worked part time at a Starbucks down the street. My mom calls out as we walk around the city, "Come on Scarlet!"

4 years later, in the 6th grade, I was bullied quite a lot. The bully group consisted of 2 girls and a boy. The girls names were Violet and Jenny. I never learned the boy's name because he moved away in the 7th grade. They bullied me because I was apparently a 'Slut' and 'Ugly' oh and don't forget 'Worthless'. These words put me in a deep depression that I still have. I have scars to prove.

I'm 14 years old today. I still live in the same exact apartment, with my mom and me, my sister moved out 6 years ago. I realized that people come and go in my life, my friends (2 people that are gone now), the several bullies, and the last time I saw my sister was 2 years ago because she moved to San Francisco. I've been bullied since we moved here. I have suffered from, Anxiety, Depression, and Self harm. 

----------------TIME SKIP TO A DAY AT SCHOOL-------------------------

I walk into my first period and sit at my assigned seat, when a ball of paper is thrown at me. The person, one of my bullies Amy, motions for me to open it. I do to see a.. letter.

'Dear Scarlet,

I was wondering, why are you so ugly? Where did you're mom go wrong? Another request! Can you meet me outside the school after first period? I know you have 2nd period off. I just wanted to discuss something with you. See you later! 

                                                                                                                                                       Sincerely, Amy.

P.S.  You're a freak. Don't forget it queer.'

My heart stings. Yes i'm gay, but that isn't a bad thing. Why use it as an insult? Why are people so cruel with their words? Oh god. Outside the school? I down at my ankles to take a look at the huge bruise there, I tell my mom it's from P.E. It's not, It's from one of my bully's beatings. Amy, Brittany, Sean, and the biggest and strongest, Ryder.  

After class I go outside cautiously, to see Amy and Sean. They see me and motion for me to come over. I walk over and when I look around I see brittany as well. Ryder has to be here somewhere. I brace myself.

(3RD PERSON)

Scarlet walked closer slowly. Ryder was a few feet away, ready to come out when Scarlet nears close. Scarlet walks all the way up to them and Ryder walks over. "Hey Dyke." Scarlet looks down and dosen't respond. Brittany flicks her head and says, "The floor isn't that interesting retard." Scarlet looks up slightly but still dosen't respond. Ryder yells, "DO SOMETHING YOU WORTHLESS QUEER!" He swings a punch at her jaw.

A girl, her name is Amelia. She walks closer to the school, she had first period off. Amelia heard yelling and decided to follow the yells. She soon found herself witnessing someone being bullied. She always swore to herself to never be a bystander. To always step in and do something to save that someone. And that's exactly what she did.

(AMELIA POV)

I screamed, "STOP!" Everyone that was in the group stopped and looked at me. The girl did not, just sat there crying, i guess. I don't blame her. They beat the shit out of her from what I saw. The girl with the dark brown hair says, "Ugh. Shut up and let Ryder finish." I glare at her and she is obviously intimidated . She scoots behind a boy with light brown hair. I'm guessing the biggest one is 'Ryder.' I storm over to him and he just chuckles and says, "What the hell are you gonna do about it." I was about to kick him in the stomach, but the girl that was getting beaten got up, and walked away. What the-? I'm over here helping her and she goes and leaves? I kick him anyway and run after the girl. Leaving a groaning Ryder.

(SCARLET POV)

I limp inside the school trying to make my way to the nurse. I hear someone behind me but i'm in too much pain to find out. I find the nurse and as I'm 6 feet away, I feel someone's hands around my legs and back. I find myself being picked up bridal style. I look up to see my 'hero' from the bullies. I say, "Um, you can put me down.." She looked at me like I was insane. "NO! You're hurt and shouldn't push yourself." I close my eyes for a second and sigh. I pull at the end of my sleeve, feeling very conscious of myself, I mean, I'm being carried bridal style out of a school. Hopefuly this girl is taking me to a doctor, because I feel like crap. She says,"There's a small hospital two streets down." It's like she read my mind. I hope I won't have to take my sweater off, I don't want to have to explain the full arm of scars. Anyone would think I was normal, well without the pastel blue hair and nose piercing. I'm as quiet as a mouse with literally one friend. His name is Jamie. He has orange-brown hair, and blue as ice eyes, he has a lip piercing. We get to the hospital and I ask her for her name, she says, "My name is Amelia, but you can call me Lia. I hope to see you around again. here's 50 dollars for the hospital. Bye." I stand there in awe, then turn around and limp inside.

---------------------------NEXT DAY (SATURDAY)----------------------------------------------------

I woke up in a hospital room. Turns out I have a broken rib, sprained wrist, and several bruises. The doctor had me put on this dress thing.  Without sleeves. I thank that doctor for not questioning my cuts. She did ask me how I got this injured, I told that I was bullied and I was saved by someone. She sadly looked at me and continued wrapping my wrist. 

The nurse came in and told me that 2 people were here to see me. They walked in and my mom rushed to my side. "Scarlet! Are you okay baby? Who did this to you?" She hurried. I hid my arm under the covers. The doctor said nothing about my cuts. Thankfully. The second person calmly walked in. It was Amelia. I smiled at her weakly, not responding to my mother. "Hey Amel- Lia." I almost forgot to call her that..

(AMELIA POV)

I fondly looked at Scarlet. I felt bad for her yes, but I can tell how strong she is (mentally). It's not like I just met her. The thing is, I knew of  her, but never really got to become friends with her, until now. I don't know much about her, but from what her mom has said she has gotten me falling. I'm bisexual, but I mostly date boys. Scarlet is different, she's better. As she tells me to sit down I can't keep my eyes off her hidden arm. I know she cuts, all the signs are clear. My brother used to cut a few years ago. I was the only person who ever knew. So I know how to handle this kind of condition, if she will give me her trust.