New Life Online Acolytes

Chapter 12

*Screech*

"What is that noise?"

"My ears. My ears are bleeding"

The shrill scream came from Void Sword disoriented everyone and burst the ear drums of the people nearest to me. I wasted no time and struck.

*Void Slash*

I followed up the attack with several slashes, punches and kicks. My plan was to take down as many as I can before they recover. I was concentrating on the still dazed men when an arrow nearly took my head off. I dodged with *Backtrack* and looked at where the attack came from. It was a woman.

"I'm impressed you were able to dodged that. You're interesting and mysterious.
I wonder what's underneath that mask of yours. Want to let me take that off for you?"

I didn't reply. Instead I rushed trying to take her down as quickly as possible. She dodged all of my attacks while countering.

"You're good. But not good enough"

*Lightening Accelerate*

Before she could even react I kneed her in the guts. My sword at such close range would be virtually useless so I opted for more hands on attacks. I rained blow after blow not letting her body hit the floor. The enemy were hesitant to attack in fear that they'll hit whoever the woman was. It was time to finish this. Taking a step back, I plunged the Void Sword into the ground, coating my left hand in lightening.

*Decimation*

I moved for the kill with laughing like a maniac. I was inches from punching a hole through her chest when a large hand grabbed me by my face nearly crushing the helm.

"You ARE gonna be fun to play with. Lana, you stand back and let the healers take care of you. I'll deal with this abomination."

I stood up, still feeling the after effects of the attack. When I saw the huge mountain of a man infront of me, I was shocked would be an understatement.

Gremlins Second in Command Vice . He's famous for crushing the skull of both monsters and humans. His weapon is a heavy gauntlet from the looks of it. And like most tankers, he had heavy armour on. His guild insignia branded on his chest.

What surprised me was that he was here. I thought these were Tainted Heart remnants. The remains of the people who aren't impaled on the castle walls.

" Vice huh. I'm surprised. So I'm guessing you're the whole Dark Guild Alliance. But you miscalculated. You're all gonna die right here right now."

"Nobodies dying. Except you. We'll just take your carcass and wait for you to revive. "

"Let's see who survives"

*Shadow Stitch*

*Dark Flair*

I used very weak versions of the two attacks to retrieve my sword. And just in time too. He got out of easier than I thought he would. I blocked his punch, retaliating with *Darkness Stream*

The attack hit him right in the chest throwing him backwards

Shit... all those muscles aren't for show I guess. He nearly buried me with that punch. And now his support were in full swing. Shots of magic and arrows were flying at me from all directions. Not to mention the close range weapon users.

From the start I knew this wasn't gonna be easy but this is unexpected. In my mind if they came after me, then they would've gone for the twins as well thinning their forces. But the whole damn dark side is another matter.

*Water Slicer*

I felt the sharp water slice hit my armour, disintegrating on touch.

"Vice. I'll assist you too. This is no normal player."

"I won't have it any other way captain"

Captain? Then this must be the famed
Seraph. He's famous for being a conserved fighter. Never showed his true strength or so the rumors say.

"I'm here too you know~"

".... Lana, Vice, let's go"

*Water Stinger*

"Hmm.. I'll show you something special since you're motivated"
I stood my ground as thousands of sharp needle-like water projections hit all around me, followed by Lana's arrows.

"Weakling. Couldn't even hold out one attack." Seraph started walking away, thinking I was done for it.

"That was fun. What was that rain?"

Everyone looked at where i was standing.

"HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? YOU DIDN'T EVEN DODGE! YOU SHOULD BE DEAD!!"

Vice charged at me like an angry bull.

"I wouldn't come close to me if I were... oops too late" I grinned at Seraph like a deranged man as he stared, his mouth slightly open, as he saw his beloved second in command pierced in the throat, by one of the six rapier like swords hovering around me.

"Like what you see? This is the true form of Void Sword."

"Hmm. I guess you're serious too. I'm gonna get serious too."

*Undines Wrath*

Ok so that was weirdly hard. I have like this amazing fight scene in my head and I'm trying to put it in words as best as I can. This chapter is actually late cuz I was trying to make it as perfect as possible. And pls comment on places I can improve. That way you'll get better chapters and I'll be improving. Thanks for reading and check out the other NLO stories as well by beatcr, scythus the original writer and last but not least militos2.