Chapter Sixteen

Jade's POV

" Severe storms will be causing flash flooding, power cuts and strong winds. We advise all citizens to stay inside for the estimated next 4 days " The news reporter states.

I huff in frustration of not being able to go home. Jake didn't talk to me the whole ride home he just took me to his place and now it looks like I'm stuck here. I walk up to the window the cold glass fogs at my touch and breath, the rain heavily pouring onto the ground and the loud clapping and booming of thunder echos through Jake's apartment. The power goes out after a lighting strike temporarily illuminates the grey sky.

" I have set the spare bed up for you " Jake says from behind me. I turn my head to the side so I can see him without actually having to turn myself to face him.

" Why did you show up after so many years?" I ask just above a whisper, barely audible against the storm outside.

" It's complicated " he vaguely explains. I turn towards him looking at him in disbelief. We are meant to be close and talk about things not give cold shoulders and brief explanations that I have been waiting years for and I want to know what he has against Nash.

" I was devastated when you left and then you show up when I am happy Jake! " I start to raise my voice.

" You will never be as happy with Nash as you will be with me " Jake says yelling at me, the vein in his neck popping. His face looking very intimidating right now but I cant show him I'm weak and that I will give in.

" Who said I was talking about Nash ?" I question him trying provoke him.

" The way you fucking look at him hurts me, I want to be the one you look at like that " He explains taking a seat on the couch, his head in hands.

" But you know I have never liked you that way, you are stuck in friend zone Jake !"
I say walking to the spare bedroom where my belongings are.

" I can show you that we are more than friends Jade " Jake says following me to the bedroom where I am grabbing my items and stuffing them back into the duffle bag.

" I love Nash, not you " I choke out.

" Where do you think you are going ?" Jake asks watching me like a hawk.

" Out " I reply shoving past Jake and slamming the door behind me. The cold air immediately stinging my skin. The rain is belting down and the winds are strong. Home is on the other side of town and I don't have my phone.

Well this is just my day.