The Jump

(Girls POV)

I heard him yelling at my mom downstairs. He was threatening to leave her and me. He was threatening to kill her and me. I sat on my bed and cried hugging my pillow. Wishing so badly for someone to hold me.

A deafening bang came from downstairs. I snapped my head up at my door. I heard a scream pierce through the air.

"Look at what you did. You being a bitch got you killed! And now I'm going to kill her!" I heard him say.

I screamed and got up. I ran to the door and locked it. I also took my bed and put it in front of the door. I was starting to panic but more than anything I wanted my mom not to be dead. I sat against the wall and stared out the window of my apartment. Then it hit me.

The fire escape. Before I got up to go and escape I hear the knob to my door jiggle.

"What the hell?" I heard him say. Then I heard him break the knob completely off.

"No. Leave me alone! You killed her! I hate you!" I Screamed and started to shake from the sobs.

"Your mom was to much of a bitch and had to learn a lesson." He said.

I heard and felt him hit my door so hard it shook the floor. When he realized that he couldn't get the door open he started to fire randomly at my door.

I sat against the wall and held my head between my legs and rocked on the floor.

"Please stop." I cried.

I heard him stop firing. He then started to push on the door really hard. The bed started to move slightly. Oh no he's going to get in! I got up and ran to the window. I struggled with the lock. I couldn't get it because my hands were so shaky. I grabbed a book from my desk and through it as hard as I could at the window.

The window shattered and I wasted no time to climb through. I ripped my pants and tore some skin but I didn't stop and the pain barely bothered me. I started to run up the stairs to the top.

I stopped at a floor where a boy was sitting on the metal floor and crying in a ball. I went over to him and said

"Are you ok?" I asked my voice cracking.

He looked up shocked that someone was there. He must not have heard me from his crying. He was actually really handsome. I went over to him and sat next to him. He seemed happy that someone was there.

He didn't say anything and it grew quiet. The only noises were the sniffles one of made occasionally.

With the new found silence I could hear screaming through his window.

"Your parents fight to?" I asked kinda shy.

"Ya it's pretty bad. They beat each other and if I go inside they beat me too." He said starting to cry again.

I put my arm around his shoulder and said "My dad just killed my mom." I started to cry again too.

"Lets leave the place. Lets leave forever and never come back. Just you and me." He said looking right into my eyes.

(Boys POV)

I stared into her gorgeous eyes waiting for an answer. She looked back at me and said "Where would we go. We aren't old enough to get jobs and get a place." She cried.

"No. Lets go to the top and jump. Leave this horrible place and don't think twice about it." I got up and pulled on her hand to follow me up the stairs.

I was happy to see her get up and follow me. We ran up about two flights when I heard my dad and mom yell out my window. I looked down and saw they were talking to another man. How did he get there?

"Oh my god! He caught up! That's my dad he will kill me too. Hurry we have to hurry!" She said sounding completely scared.

I didn't stop to think I ran ahead of her pulling on her hand. When we got about half way she stopped and I noticed she was breathing heavy. I didn't hesitate I picked her up bridal stile and continued up the stairs. When I got to the last three stairs I had to stop for a break.

"I can go now." She said getting down. I looked down and saw they were only down two flights.

We ran to the top of the tower. Nothing could stop us now and nothing was going to change our mind. They were following close behind us and it wasn't much more till we got to the edge. I grabbed her arms and looked into her eyes. Those beautiful grey and blue eyes looked back at me. They were glassy and red but convinced that we were. making the right decision. I leaned in and kissed her full on the lips. She seemed to like it cause she returned the favor a second later.

"I love you." I said knowing it was true.

"I love you too." She said.

I turned towards the edge an stepped up on the ledge. She copied me. We looked behind us and they were just about to reach us. Her dad realized it was to late and started to pull out his gun. I looked at her.

"Now!" I shouted and we jumped. Together.