Protective -GassySparklez

Protective – GassySparklez One Shot

Genre; Fluffy fanfic

Words; 1730

Warnings; Max punches someone. There's fluff, though, fam.

It'd been a while since Jordan and Max had hung out together since they live in different locations. Max had driven down to LA with Diction, Ze, and Ritz to pay Jordan a visit. Jordan was always someone Max had a close relationship with. They'd been friends for years, but Max wanted more. He liked the shorter individual more than just a friend. What Max hadn't known was that Jordan felt the same. When the group met up, they decided to head to a local bar. Jordan was going to say no, but the way Diction and Ritz became excited changed his mind. Jordan wasn't one for bars, but he'd go if it'd make the others happy.

The bar was full of men and women, dancing, drinking, and having an obvious good time. The music was loud and the lights circled around the walls. The scene wasn't something Jordan was used to. Max stayed close to Jordan as they headed toward the bar. Diction, Ritz, and Ze followed behind them. Diction, Ze, and Ritz gave Max a sly smile before disappearing into the crowded dance floor, leaving Max and Jordan alone. Jordan looked up at Max, giving him a smile. If anything, Jordan was glad for the time he could spend with Max. He'd always been fond of the taller male. Max was very easy to get along with and his sense of humor was great. Jordan loved being able to make the man laugh, even if it was at him.

Max led the two towards the bar to take a seat. The seats were surprisingly empty for the most part. Three males sat at the other end of the counter, but that was about it. Jordan took a seat first and Max sat next to him. The two ordered their choice of drink.

"So, Jordan, how have things been with your new house?" Max asked, starting the conversation.

"They're pretty good. The house is nice. It can get kind of lonely, but I don't think getting a pet would be the best idea for me. I can hardly remember to feed myself half the time." Jordan replied, laughing.

Max's mood turned. Had Jordan been skipping out on meals? He hoped not. Max laughed with him, nonetheless. Their drinks were placed in front of them. They both thanked the bartender. The two males continued a steady conversation for a while when the bartender suddenly placed a drink in front of Jordan. Jordan gave the man a confused face.

"Uh, I didn't order anything." Jordan told the bartender.

"Ah, it was requested by the man across the way. He'd asked that I put it on his tab." The bartender told Jordan, shrugging it off.

Jordan followed the bartender's gaze, meeting eyes with a larger man at a table in the corner. Jordan's body tensed. Max seemed to notice Jordan's tension and pulled Jordan closer. He followed Jordan's eyes to the man at the table and glared at him. An emotion took over Max that he hadn't felt in a long while; Protective. He felt protective of Jordan. This sudden burst of adrenaline shot through Max as the other male stood up and started coming towards the two. Max stood up and shielded Jordan from the man.

"What do you want?" Max growled out, eyes glaring into the other males.

The slightly shorter man laughed at Max's frustration.

"You should know. I mean, it seems you want the guy, too. But it just so happens that I'm willing to take the first step before you. Plus, have you seen his ass in those jeans? He'd make a lot of money, if he'd become a stripper or something." The guy said cheekily.