Chapter 3: I Know Everything About You

Y/N's POV:

The next morning I decided to go to school. I hadn't gone for a little while because of what I had lost. I couldn't hide anymore in fear and isolated from the rest of the world. I had to go back. As I walked to school, I found myself thinking of what else the prophecy needed to come true. Star Dust, Osprey, and Lavander... Ugh! What do they look like? How can I tell? I thought.
Soon, I was at the steps of the big white, blue, and golden colored building. Students flurried in, chattering. And for the first time ever, I had no one to hang out with. Well, except Howard. I took a deep breath and walked into school. Inside, I saw Howard on his phone and leaning against a wall. "Hey, Howard," I said, waving at him. He nodded and smiled back. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad...

- Four Hours Later -

Now it was lunch time. I was feeling a little unsteady from so many people being around me. So I grabbed my lunch and went to sit in the hallway. It was kinda awkward, but where else could I go? I didn't want to go back into the sea of my peers. All that gossip, all the criticism. It kinda made me sick thinking about the rumors that Theresa was spreading from our little "stand off" at my party. I rolled my eyes and shoved my lunch away from me. I rested my elbows on my knees and sank my head to where my eyes could just peer over them. I stared blankly at he other wall ahead of me.
Thinking.
I thought all about what Randy had said. Then, a shiver shot down my spine and traced it's way around my ribs and up to my forehead. I lifted my head and heard footsteps walking down the hall. I turned my head, at first in fear. But then in curiosity. A girl with shoulder length dark brown hair and warm brown eyes, dressed fashionably in a lift lavender t-shirt with dark blue stripes and dark, dark navy blue jeans was walking toward me. She wore a smile and her gaze was welcoming.
I had never seen her before, but something about her was... Familiar. It was almost like I knew who she was and what she was capable of in the first five seconds I saw her.
"Hello," she said, pressing her back against the wall and sliding down next to me. Her eyes were a pale blue with silvery purple streaks.
"Hi," I whispered, but it squeaked out like my voice was going. I cleared my throat quickly. "Hi."
"Uhm..." Her cheeks started turning a little pink before she made eye contact back with me. "This is gonna sound really, really weird, but I think I know who you are. I'm new here, but for some reason, I know everything about you. You're Randy's friend, right?" And at the end of that one sentence, my whole body went numb, and it felt like I had been struck with lightning.

(A/n: Sorry for the short chapter... I needed a cliffhanger. The next chapter will be longer, I promise!)