Chapter 4: We Aren't Alone

Y/N's POV:

I stared at her almost like she had read my mind. How could she have known Randy? Did she know the others? "Y-y-yes, I am R-Randy's friend," I stammered, the air around me cold. I breathed it in and felt sharp icy crystals sprouting from inside my lungs. "H-how do you know Randy?"
"He came to me in a dream, and gave me something to take back to the real world," the girl said. She reached into her jean pocket and took out a black and lavender colored ninja mask. Wait, what!? All the Ninja, except me of course, are dead!
"Impossible," I rasped, snatching the mask to inspect, "all the Ninja are dead..!"
"Not al of them," the girl smirked, pointing to me. "I need a mentor. And Randy said to find Snowbird here. You are her, right? The White Ninja?"
I blinked many times over before nodding. The girl stuck out her hand and smiled at me. "My name's Destiny," she said, smiling.
I reached out and smiled back as I shook her hand. "Y/N," I said back, the sickening feeling and coldness gone.

At The End Of The Day

The sun was still high in the sky when me and Destiny started walking home. We were going to my house, trying to get as far away from people as we can. Then we came to my street and we started running to my house. I hit the door and slammed it open, dropping my backpack off at the door.
"My rooms upstairs," I said, pointing up the stairs. Destiny smiled and nodded. She chased me up the stairs and into my room.
I shut the door and locked it, turned on the overhead light, and closed the curtains to my windows. "Ok," I said. "So, explain to me how you know Randy again? And tell me more about you, please."
"I know Randy because he kept visiting me in dreams. We were in a place that was sunny, and grassy, and seemed peaceful. He told me that I had a bigger destiny than what was already planned for me. I asked him how he knew. He just smiled and said, 'Just trust me, ok?'
"He also told me to find you, that you would be my mentor and that you would teach me a lot of stuff!" Excitement blazed in her brilliant blue eyes. I stared in amazement at her, trying to make sense of this.
"Did you have that feeling too?" I blurted. Destiny nodded.
"Yeah, I was passing that hallway and I felt a sharp coldness spiral down my spine. But as I got closer, the coldness seemed to ease away," she explained. I'm glad I'm not the only one...

After sending Destiny home...

I changed into my pajamas quickly and got into bed, turning off my light and snuggling my face deep into the pillow. I closed my tired eyes and drifted into sleep.
I woke up in the same grass, staring at the sky. A smile let loose onto my face. I sat up and glanced around, feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin and the brushing of the tall grass on my face.
"Hey, Snowy." I turned my head in surprise, but smiled at Blue who stood there, her hand extended. I took it and pulled her into a hug. "Hey, it's not time to get emotional around here, ok?" She said, chuckling a little.
"Sorry. I just really miss you guys," I said, scratching the back of my head with an awkward smile. "Where's Randy?"
"He's off with the others, trying to find another way out," Blue said, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes. "There is no way out, we've searched everywhere. But, you never know, right? Miracles can happen." We walked for a few minutes, the only sound was the wind rustling in the grass.
"Did you know Destiny was gonna come to me?" I blurted out of curiosity. Blue nodded.
"We were all there, but we didn't talk to her." I nodded and we kept walking.
"Hey! Blue! Y/N!" Sakira's voice called to us, waving her hand. We started running, seeing that her and Esmerelda were bent over someone. My heart got caught in my throat as I realized it was Kai.
"What happened?" Blue said, coming over to kneel next to Kai. He was holding his chest like he'd been shot and his face was calm but winced every now and then.
"Something or someone shot at us trough the wood," Esmerelda said, a bit panicked.
"Well, don't just sit here!" Blue exclaimed, grabbing onto Kai's arm. "We have to get him out of here. We can all be shocked later." Sakira nodded and hooks her arms around his chest and me and Esmerelda grabbed his legs, walking with him back to base camp. Once we were there, we set Kai down who was now shivering and groaning in pain.
"Ok," Blue huffed, placing her hands on her hips. "We all have 30 seconds to freak out. Ready? Set? Go." And with that one word, Esmerelda lost her shit. She started running around and asking rambling questions. "What are we gonna do!? Is it White Demon?! Oh, my god, OHMYGOD, OHMYGOD!" The rest of us just stood there, staring at her as she ran around like a crazy lady. Even though Blue didn't have a watch, she flicked her wrist up and folded her arms. "Times up," she said. "Now, let's just see what's going on with Kai." She knelt down and held his head with her hand. She looked so calm with her blue hair waving gently in the breeze.
I scanned my eyes over the wound in Kai's chest. It wasn't red with blood, but instead white and glowing. I stared at it and sat down on my knees, inspecting it carefully. As I studied the wound, I could see that it was starting to grow. It was eating away at his body.
Where was he going? "Well, there's one thing that we know," Sakira said, coming forward. She placed a steady hand on Blue's shoulder. "We're not alone out here."