Chapter 2

Matt's P.O.V.

"Come on bro, give it up I'm coming!" Logan yelled tugging my arm away from out table.

"No man your not!" I said slapping his hand away and chugging back my can of pop.

"Why not Hart? What's up?" He asked slumping back into his chair, munching on some of my fries.

"Cuz she's just gonna blow me off again dude. I can't keep doing this." I mumbled tossing my empty can in the garbage.

"Well Hart you got no choice, because her friends are coming this way." He tossed me a lopsided grin.

"Wh-what?" But I knew he was telling the truth because I turned to see a grumpy looking Gwen stomping reluctantly over surrounded a group of people I recognized from the courtyard. My face broke into a huge grin when the only empty chair was between me and Logan.

"Great. Just freaking great, I had to be stuck beside him. Out of all the people, it has to be him." I heard her grumble to herself.

"Hi Gwen." I said and I saw her launch into a coughing fit, nearly choking on her salad. Logan threw me a wink over her shoulder. I covered my mouth with my hand to keep from laughing.

"How do you know my name? I never told you it." She asked her voice a bit raspy still from coughing.

"I told him!" Logan cheered giving her a huge ass smile that looked so big it looked like it might crack his stupid goofy face in half.

"Of course you bloody did." She murmured and shot him a murderous look. "So Prince Charming, why did you invite us over here? Trying to confuse and piss off the Cheer Whores? 'Cause you know there are easier ways than this."

I turned toward the cheerleaders and saw them glaring, unashamed, at Gwen and her friends. Immediately their attention was drawn to me. The one I could only assume was the future Prom queen, gave a flirty wave before I turned away wishing they would leave me the hell alone.

Gwen P.O.V.

I watched as the Head Hoe, waved at him. She is so desperate it's pathetic really, with her face caked on with make-up. I gagged. I suddenly felt something ferociously gnaw at the insides, and my hand having a mind of his own, brushed his shoulder and Prince Charming turned his head so fast I wouldn't be surprised if he gave himself whiplash.

His big brown puppy dog eyes focused on me and he gave me a huge grin, I scoffed and turned away still shocked at myself for touching him. I mean I did I just feel jealous?

"No I umm... I didn't- umm..." He stuttered, scratching the back of his neck and swallowing nervously.

"Again your huge vocabulary astounds me." I said sarcastically, and he gave a nervous laugh. I turned to look at Derek and the others, Derek wiggled his eyebrows at me and I glared at him.

"I-" He started but his hulking brick of a friend, that somehow knew my name and told it to Prince Bloody Charming, cut him off.

"Look Gwen, my boy Hart here wanted you over here because-" he paused getting M something's elbow in his rib cage. Yet, the idiot merely grunted and tried to continue, "because-" another elbow to the ribs this time making him stop for a second and turn to his friend.

"Well, for whatever reason we came. So your welcome. But I'm gonna go now, see ya bye!" I yelled already on my feet running away.

Matt P.O.V

And just like that I watched The Girl, Gwen, running away from my like I had some incredibly infectious disease. I saw one of her friends, the guy, turn to watch her go then got up and loped away after her. I glared and slammed some random water bottle on the table half-heartedly. How come he can be her friend and hang out with her every spare second of the day, and she barely

talked to me and ran, always ran, away as if she was afraid of bursting into flames when she was near me.

I slouched back down, when Logan grabbed my arm.

"Bro, what the hell are you doing?!" He yelled hauling me to my feet, "God, Hart go after her! Are you really gonna let her get away from you again?"

Shaking my head, I rushed out the door Logan and the guys cheering after me. I rolled my eyes, Logan probably following right behind me because he is still convinced I couldn't win over this one girl.

To my surprise Logan was still at the table. "Don't think I've forgiven you yet for earlier, man!" I yelled and he tried to look innocent, when he saw I didn't buy his bullshit face he shrugged.

I ran not knowing where exactly I was going, I had no idea where she went all I know is I had to find her. To convince her that she didn't have to run from me. That she shouldn't keep running from me.

I spotted her friend's back and I saw him lean forward to talk to her. My jaw clenched, and he whispered something in her ear and they laughed. I could feel my hands start to shake, and I clenched the into tight fists to try to stop them from shaking. I took a few deep breathes, and started to walk slowly toward them. She looked up and locked her wide hazel eyes on me. I saw her shoulders tense, but then her friend touched her shoulder and she relaxed ever so slightly.

"What do you want now Charming? I sat there with your moronic friends." She asked narrowing her eyes at me over her friend's shoulder, she then whispered something to him and he winked. I could feel my hands tremble again.

I walked closer to her and the guy moved out of my way.

"Matt, my name is Matt." I breathed out a tired sigh.

"That's great, you know what your name is. Do you want a trophy Romeo?" She said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Why do you never call me by my name? Why did you call yourself Cinderella?" I asked.

"Ugh. Why does it matter? It was something for you to call me. I knew you wouldn't just go away and I can't stand being called 'miss' so I picked a name. Why does it matter? Why won't you leave me alone?" She asked looked fiercely into my eyes.

I looked down and scuffed my shoe on the floor, I scratched the back of my neck. I seemed to be do that a lot lately. Always because of this girl, the one girl I could never let go.

"I-I don't know why. I just... can't. I just can't let go. Because... Because I-I...." I gulped I can't believe I was actually doing this but I had to continue. I was never a pussy, I wasn't gonna be one now. Hell, why can't I be smooth and charming with this one girl. I could barely even talk to her, yet if I were to go up to one of the girls in the Caf, I could have them clinging to me in a second.

And so I finally worked up the courage to tell something that I wouldn't Logan tell her earlier.

"I-I really... I can't let you go Gwen, because I like you." I said finding to strength to finish without stuttering much.

I looked up hopefully into her eyes.

Searing pain burned though my cheek. It took me a while to process what just happened as I cradled my cheek.

She slapped me.

***********A/N: Please, comment, vote and follow! I hope you guys liked this part************