Prologue: I'm Over and Done

******Alex's P.O.V******

"Hey nerd!" Claire's annoying voice screeches.  I ignore her.  

"Hey nerd!" She says, yet again,  while shoving me against the lockers and pushing my books down."Were you ignoring me? I think you were.  I have a surprise for you at lunch for that." She laughs evilly and slaps me before walking away.  I bend down to pick up my books, while wishing I could punch her all the way out the country in a foreign country where she can't speak the language so she can never come back.

"Hey, why are your books on the floor?" Danny asks. Oh how I wish I could tell him, except I just can't. I have this feeling in my gut.

"Nothing, I just almost tripped and fell." I reassure him, using the same old lie I always do. 

"Why are you always tripping.  Come on, we're best friends. I know when something's wrong, Alex." Danny tells me, as we walk to class, his smile altering a bit and his eyes going a bit dark.

"Alex! Come on, what's wrong. There's nothing wrong with telling your best friend your life." Danny pleads when I don't answer.

"Danny, I'm fine, stop worrying.  Seriously, whatever seems to be throwing off my mood today, I'll figure it out." I say, when he gives me a look of doubt, as we walk into class. Every single girl there glares at me simultaneously.   We sit next to each other, but Danny talks to his other friends, the populars, including Claire Matthews.  And he forgets all about me.

Throughout the rest of the class, Danny is joking around with his friends. He belongs there.  I just know it.

***Later at lunch***

I walk into the lunchroom and get into the line.  I get a cheeseburger, milk, a smoothie, and a salad.  I have to walk all the way through the cafeteria and when I get right in the middle, Claire runs right into me.

"Looks like the garbage man forgot to take out the trash.  Why are you here? No one, not even your best friend wants you here. Go ahead and tell her how you weren't really ever her friend." Claire says talking to Danny, who I just noticed was standing next to her.  He takes a gulp... then smirks.

" I never really was your friend.  Just like Claire said, your worthless trash." Daniel said, and with every word that came out of his mouth, it was like I was cutting myself with a blade. Everyone was watching.

"And to add on to that, you are UGLY, and WORTHLESS, and a BITCH." Claire says pouring my milk on me, but luckily I dropped my bag away from me, so it wasn't wet. I dropped my tray.

" I've got something to say.  Claire you're a straight up bitch, I'm gonna give to you straight. I've been holding back, but now, that is IT. To be honest, you are the most dumbest person I've ever met, and you are possibly 99% the most bitchiest person EVER.  And you Daniel, really belong where you are.  Next to your little slut.  You're a complete jerk and asshole, and I'm glad to say we are not friends. I'm completely over with you two; I'm DONE. So you both deserve this. " I say, picking up my smoothie in the bottle and pouring it on them both, before taking off my glasses and breaking them in half.

I grab my bag and take my phone out and take a picture of their shocked faces and sending it to my older brother along with this: "What happens when you trust a jerk. I'm fine so don't worry." I walk out and get in my car and go home.  During the car ride, I cry.

As soon as I got home and mom saw my puffy red eyes and my soaking wet clothes, she rushes to get a towel, and comes back and wraps it around me.

"What happened, sweety. Tell me, now." Mom demands.

"Mom, Daniel's a jerk. He never really was my friend.  And he watched a girl pour milk on me.  Mom, I can't go back." I say, looking down at my hands angrily.

"Honey, let's worry about going back when we get there." Mom says.

"No, Mom, I can't go back AT ALL.  I want to go to grandma and grandpa's house, and go to school in California." I say and I can already see how much Mom wants to say no.

"Mom, come on, it's only about an hour flight away and we can see each other any time.  Please, I just really need to get away and clear my head for a few months... or years." I say the last part slowly. I can see Mom is thinking and pacing in her head.

" I don't want to do this, but I swear if you let me go, I'll come back for my senior year.  Just please. I need to get away from here." I say, knowing this will be the final choice.

"Stick to your promise.  Within the next two weeks, you'll be in California, but I don't think your father will be happy about this." Mom says pointedly.

"Don't worry about Dad. I'll deal with it. Thank you! I'd give you a big hug except you'd get wet.  I'm gonna go take a shower, and then take a nap. I love you." I say smiling, before running out.

***********************************************************************************************

                                                                             TO BE CONTINUED...

Hey, It's Marina and this is the first story I actually put on  Wattpad, so I just hope you give me feedback. Above is 'Overdose' by Alessia Cara but it is only the audio. It's a really good song so listen to it. Comment , vote, and follow me.  If you have any ideas for the cover, personal message me.

Love, Marina xoxoxo