Chapter 2

Cólwen's POV

After I found Legolas's room, I got him ready for bed and tucked him in, I was moving towards the door when he called for me, "Cólwen." Turning my grey-blue eyes to him I waited for his question. "Can you tell me a story?" Smiling again, I nodded and walked back to him pulling a chair with me. Sitting at the head of his bed, I brushed his braid free hair from his forehead and started my tale.

"This is a story of a girl from the long gone realm of Gondolin. Her people and family loved her, though having two aunts and one uncle, did not have any siblings, but two cousins. After her family had died protecting her, she was told, to run and get away, though she had no desire to leave, her family forced her to,

So now atop a strong mount she rode out of the city through secret passages to escape the attacking goblins, she was sad, and heartbroken. However, lived on in the lands of Man, Elf and Dwarf, and did so for the last a 4000 years and some years.

Never really staying in the same place always traveling, until one day after spending 175 years in the company of the brown wizard decided to visit an old friend, However, in the end she found out that he had died and left his son in charge."

When I finished the little boy had fallen asleep, smiling I kissed his forehead and got up, I had pulled the sheets further up around Legolas's shoulders. Moreover, left the room. Having not been given a room, I sat on the railing that was across from the prince's room. and just let my mind wonder, though it didn't last long, "did you plan to spend the night sitting outside my son's room?" looking to the King he still wore what he had earlier minus his crown, "actually yes I was, I figured it was the best place to be if anything happened." Sighting he sat across from me.

Looking back out to the kingdom, it was quiet and peaceful, the sounds of soft waterfalls in the distance and a warm breeze, mixed with the smell of summer and cherry flavored wine, and pine, soothed my nose of the wild planes and blood filed earth smell that I've had for the last a thousand years. I was so filled with calm that I started to hum, which turned to a soft voiced singing:

"May it be an evening star shines down upon you,
May it be when darkness falls your heart will be true.
You walk a lonely road.
Oh how far you are from home.
Mornie utulie.
Believe and you will find your way.
Mornie alantie.
A promise lives within you now.
May it be the shadow's call will fly away,
May it be you journey on to light the day.
When the night is overcome.
You may rise to find the sun.
Mornie utulie.
Believe and you will find your way.
Mornie alantie.
A promise lives within you now.
A promise lives within you now..."

When I stopped I flicked my eyes over to the King only to find that he had fallen asleep, sitting up, with his arms crossed and his legs over lapped, fixing a pillow I laid him down so he didn't get a sore neck, thankfully this sunbed was long enough to hold all of him. Genteelly I draped on of his arms over the armrest connected to the backrest, since it had gotten chilly his tunic wouldn't be enough to keep out the chill of the summer night. So I unclasped my cloak and covered him with it.

Once I was sure it wouldn't fall off or blow away I stood to sit back on the rail but something touched my wrist. Looking back the King had in a state of being half conscious, though his eyes were slightly open I knew he was fully aware of what he was doing. Sitting on the side of the sunbed that had no armrest I waited for what the King wanted,

raising his hand he trailed the backs of his fingers over my temple down to my jaw, then back up the other side, the feeling was something I had never felt before, it was new and untouched territory for me, it was more than a little frightening, but I have mastered hiding things that scare me at least on the outside.