spearmint and pine

I quickly rushed into sixth period. I wanted to get the seat in the back. I was rather self conscious of my new look, Rebekah did a good job, but it just wasn't me.

So I power walked to the back of the classroom, and took a seat in the corner. It was English class so I took out my assigned reading. It was Romeo and Juliet, I was probably the only one in the class not complaining. I loved this book, and had read it before. I was slowly getting into the book as the class started to fill up.

I barely heard when our teacher, Mr. Cartwright announced the next 20 minutes of quiet reading. There was a collective groan from everyone but me.

"Okay everyone, you have twenty minutes to read... now being honest I bet about 3 of you have been reading Romeo and Juliet at home, so yes you can read some low level novel like twilight." He sent a dirty look to a few girls in the front reading twilight. They started furiously blushing. One closed her book a little too quickly, and slammed it right off her desk. This earned a few snickers from the class. This is why Mr. Cartwright is my favorite teacher.

"Anyways, as I was saying I suggest you read the CORRECT book, but I'm not going to make you." He proceeds to continually glare at anyone bold enough to not book their other book away and start the assigned reading. I quietly let out a laugh, and Mr. Cartwright sent me a small smile. Maybe today wouldn't be so bad after all...

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

I pulled my head out of my book and looked around. It was almost closing time at the library. I looked down at my watch and decided to close up a few minutes early. I was almost in a catatomic state, library time was over and I still hadn't found my mate. There are certain people, mainly male, who don't meet their mate unfilled later, but that's usually because their mate is a few years younger, and not ready. But it would be just my luck to have a younger man as a mate. It's rare for a girl to have a younger mate. Right now he's probably in some elementary school, or just starting middle school.

It was going to be years before I have a mate. The more I thought about this the more depressed I became. After a minute or so I was almost in tears. 'Whatever the moon goddess has planned will be in my best interest.' I thought bravely. I dried my tears and checked out a few books for myself.

I called out to Ms. Brown and told her I was closing up. She sent me a smile and told me that she'd see me tomorrow. I sent her a wave and walked out the doors. I was slowly walking towards my car when I smelled the most amazing smell ever. I felt my head pick up, and heard my wolf scream in my head 'MATE!!! ' it smelled of spearmint and pine trees. My mouth was watering and I quickly turned towards the car next to mine. That's when I looked into two sets of blue eyes.

I heard two sets of growls ... and that's when my life turned upside down.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Kameron's pov.

She was beautiful. Watching her long hair cascade down her back in flowing waves. I don't even care if I sound like a girl. I bet Nathan felt the exact same way. I watched her amazing brown eyes widen as she looked between my brother and I, trying to decide which one was her mate.

'She looks so cute when she's confused.' Nathan told me through our mind link, his voice dripping with glee.

'How do we tell her she's both of our mates without scaring her? ' I asked him, very concerned for our little mate.

'Why not have a little fun with it?' Nathan asks me, always the trouble maker. We exchange ideas before agreeing on one thing. We rush up to her, both at the same time, and hug her between us so she's nice and snug. Then we againg simultaneously whisper mate in her ear. She stiffens for a moment before totally going limp between us.

"Holy fuck! She actually fainted!" Nathan says, voicing the thoughts running through my head. I quickly scooped her up while Nathan ran ahead and opened our car door. I sat down in the backseat with her, while my brother rev's the engine and speeds toward the pack doctor at the pack house where we live. Mother's going to kill us for. Making our mate pass out within a minute of meeting her...

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()