"You have got to help me out with her, Ali, she's driving me crazy!" she slightly yells, causing me to pull my phone a few centimetres away from my ear.

"Come on, she can't be that bad," I tease, in complete understanding that this will wind Ava up even more.

I know it's mean but I love winding people up just to see how they react, so far my favourite has been Ava and I'm pretty sure she knows it by now.

"Did you not hear everything I just said?" she screams, I can practically hear her frustration and let out an accidental chuckle. Abruptly, the door swings open to reveal an apprehensive Dylan.

"Oh, thank God you're ok," he says, now looking relieved. I shoot him my puzzled look. Why would I not be ok? He takes this as a sign to speak up.

"You said you were taking a shower but I figured you wouldn't take this long, I just got a little worried I guess," he explains shyly, scratching the back of his head. I've noticed him do this a lot when he's nervous or embarrassed, it's cute.

"Ali, you there?" Ava speaks up startling me, my little jump causes me to drop my phone onto the bed. Dylan lets out a soft chuckle while I pick the phone back up and playfully glare at him. He holds his hands up in defence and I childishly stick my tongue out at him.

"Um yeah sorry, I've gotta go but I'll call you later ok?" I dismiss after picking my phone back up. Glancing at Dylan I mouth Ava before he finally gives me a look of understanding, as if he just had an epiphany or something. He lifts up his brows and nods, resting his back on the wall.

"Wait!" Ava shouts before I could hang up, "are you with someone?" She asks, probably raising her brow again. I can't help but feel a little jealous, I've always wanted to do that too; preferably without looking like a child molester.

"Um, maybe?" My reply sounds more like a question than an answer.

"Ali," she urges me with her tell-me-now-or-I'll-kill-you tone in full swing.

"Yes," I squeak, preparing myself to be bombarded with questions. 

Glancing over at Dylan I notice that he's now sitting on a couch a few feet away from where I'm standing, his eyes never leaving me. Sorry, I mouth at him once more, feeling guilty about being on the phone when he's right here. He just chuckles slightly and shrugs as if to say 'it's ok'.

He crosses his right leg over his left one and crosses his arms over his chest. I can't help but notice his bulging bicep muscles through his tight white T-shirt. They're not crazy big like those guys on steroids but they're not too small either; they're perfect, like him.

I bite my lip in an attempt to stop myself from drooling and as I do this, I notice his expression change. His jaw tightens and his eyes turn a darker, almost a lust-filled shade of brown as he inhales a sharp take of breath.

"Alison Rose Vincent, who the heck are you with right now and why didn't you tell me? I'm your best friend, I'm supposed to know these things. Where are you? Are you feeling ok? Do you need me to come pick you up? Oh my God you haven't been kidnapped-" I cut her off before she can make anymore crazy assumptions.

"Ava," I speak calmly, in an attempt to make her relax. I hear her take a deep breath, indicating that she herself is trying to relax. I look away from Dylan and instead focus on the painting that's hung up above him. I don't know a lot about art but I can honestly say, it's beautiful.

"Well?" Ava probes, I can sense she's calmer but still eager for information. 

"I'm with Dy-Ethan," damn, I nearly let it slip again.