chapter nine; mariana

Start from the beginning

"Wow, um, thanks, thanks a lot." He helped her onto her feet. The blonde took a quick breath, gathering herself before beginning to talk again.

"You good?" She asked, making sure he wasn't to hurt, or otherwise it'd be a challenge to find BB-8 and somehow make it back to the ship.

He nodded fast," Fine."

Mara gave a quick smile of relief that was quickly wiped off, ready to move on and find her droid," Great, wonderful. Now BB-8 is gone, I don't know where Solo and the wookie are, we have another Rathtar to worry about, and where's Rey?"

At first, Finn's mind was scatterbrained. He was probably still getting over the shock of being dragged by an overgrown octopus, and stood blank-faced for two seconds. Two seconds were to long for Mara.

She grabbed both his shoulders, shaking them a bit to much,"Galaxy to Finn, where is Rey?"

"She's fine! She's fine!" Finn exclaimed, moving back from the blonde's death grip," Now we need to find BB-8 and get out of here-"

Mara clasp her hand over his mouth, the other going to her lips to indicate him to shut up. In the distance, cute little screams made its way down the halls, followed by angry curses in an indescribable language. Said in an accent common to the Core Worlds.

The woman's face turned into a malicious smirk. Staying quiet, she walked with as little noise as she could, putting a hand up to tell Finn to stay. The signal must have been to subtle, because he still tip-toed next to her. As Mara looked past the corner, seeing exactly what she had guessed.

Bala-Tik was being electrocuted by an angry BB-8, who was once again covered in a tightly woven bag. He cursed the little ball, kicking the droid back. Mara's exhaustion had pretty much left her now, the ever-familiar anger returning.

"Hey Bala!" She yelled, catching her old friend's attention. Holding her one of her batons in her hand, she watched as he turned.

Bala-Tik first brought up his blaster, aiming right as soon as she came into his line of sight. First, it was the initial action of assessing the enemy, then the man just stared at Mara. Then the gun slowly lowered down. Just as Finn's was moments ago, Bala's face was blank. Perfect.

"Mari-Mariana...You're supposed to be dead."He stuttered, confused and caught off guard. Mara let him stare a minute before acting quickly, realizing time was fleeting.

"Surprise, stupid. Miss me?"

First her hand went to the barrel in front of her, throwing off his aim. She slammed her elbow into his jam, then retracting her arm again to swing her baton into his side. Bala caught it, throwing her weapon to the side and swung his arm for a punch. She ducked, blocking his other punch by bring up her other arm to guard her face. While she set up her next attack, Finn pushed him from the side with enough force for him to fall down.

Mara brushed her hair out of her face, standing above the knocked down assailant. BB-8 had since freed himself from the sack, beeping a few not nice words to the death gang member.

"Here." Finn tossed Mara her lost baton, picking up Bala-Tik's blaster from off the floor once she caught it. The two stood over him, Finn wondering how the hell this guy knew Mara at all.

Bala was about to get up before deciding not to, seeing he was outnumbered 3 to 1. He proved himself up on his arm, spitting out blood from his mouth. The realization of Mara being alive had quickly set in with the first punch she threw," Mari, you're one dumb-"