Proud To Be Her Lover

Jason's pov

It's lunch period and I'm waiting by the gym for Miranda and we're gonna get lunch off campus. I wonder what's taking her so long. "Psst, Jason!" I turn around, she's in the locker room. Huh? I walk over. "I was getting changed out of my gym clothes and one of the popular girls stole my clothes!" "Oh jeez! What should I do?" "I don't know.... But all I got is my bra and panties on!" Someone comes in the gym, making her panic. She grabs my shoulders and slams the door. "I don't want someone else to see me like this!" She gasps. "Ok calm down, I'll think of something. We're headed off campus for lunch. We just have to figure something out for you to get to my truck." I'm trying to think but I don't have a clue what to do. Then an idea hits me. "Here, put my jacket on.... And my gym shorts!" I gasp, quickly, pulling them out. I peek my head out as she gets changed. There's a bunch of girls doing volleyball. "Ok, now what?" She asks. I close the door back. "I don't know, there's folks out there." I say, pointing. She glances out the window. "Think we could?" She shrugs. I open a window, and a soft breeze hits me. It's a good day to hang out at the lake. "Ladies first." I say, grabbing my girlfriend's hand. "What are you two doing?" I freeze, hearing a girl say that. I turn around, like three girls, all sweaty, stand in the doorway. "Uh.... Nothing. She.... We were..." But I'm tongue tied. "Let's try this again. Were you spying on us?" "No! I swear!" I gasp, shocked. Then they start laughing. "What's so funny?!" Miranda gasps, jumping down from the bench. "They were probably getting it on." One girl says to the other. "No we weren't!" They just continue to laugh and I'm pretty embarrassed by now. I glance at her. Her face is beet red. "Oh what the hell." I say, grabbing her with my hands on her neck and kissing her. The girls laugh. "I love you Baby. And I don't care who sees me." "Aww, you two are like a tan legged Juliet and redneck romeo." One of the girls say. They move aside and let us leave. "Well I think we got through that just fine." I say, holding her hand. She swings it back and forth as we walk to my truck. "Jason, are we gonna grow old together?" She whispers, resting her back against my chest while I lean against my truck. I lace my fingers with hers. "Yeah." "You promise?" She looks back at me. I smile and kiss her lips. "I promise." She turns around and kisses me. Finally after a little making out, we get in my truck and drive to the riverbank. I sit down on the grass, my iPod in my hand and my girl in my lap. The water barely even moves. "Listen to some music?" I ask. She smiles in answer and I turn on a shuffle mix and the first song to come on is Don't take the girl. "Same old boy, same sweet girl, ten years down the road, he held her tight and kissed her lips in front of the picture show." This song reminds me of us. She smiles at me, her head against my chest. I kiss her head, so glad to have her. "But pleeeease don't take the girl." I whisper sing.

*later*

My hands were on the chair at the table while mom made dinner. We were talking about what I'm doing after school. "It's exciting. I can't wait to see you up there." She says. "I can't wait to be up there." I reply, already imagining it.

~daydream~

The screaming of the fans makes my ears ring. I break a riff on my guitar. "Who loves music as much as I do!" I shout into the mic. They scream louder. A wave of faces that came to see me! I get them to clap in tempo with the song I was singing. I was doing a cover of an old Merle Haggard song. I feel someone's hands on my back.

~daydream over~

Miranda wraps her arms around my waist in a hug. I was totally daydreaming. Man, that was awesome too. I want this girl to be right up there with me. I kiss her gently, her hands twisting on my shirt collar. "You make me the happiest girl alive." She whispers, her face inches away from mine. We stare into each other's eyes. I close the distance, kissing her deeply and right in front of my mom. But like I said at the school, I don't care who sees me. I'll love her to the ends of the earth and to the moon and back.