22

Over the next  few months during my fight against this disease, I got a ton of support and well wishes from not only all my loved ones and colleagues but fans as well.

Artem and I had the tough task of explaining my condition to two young boys, but they took it well and made me cards and visited me as much as my treatments would allow visitors.

Today I am going home for the first time and I couldn't be more thankful for the new life that I am living. I am grateful to be here given a second chance at life, and even more grateful for the amazing husband that has taken care of me every step of the way, giving up his hectic career touring as a dancer to stay with me and get me everything that I need.

I stepped into our home and it felt unfamiliar, it had been months and two long treatments that almost weren't successful since I was able to come home from the hospital.

"Welcome home." Artem grabbed my hand and spun me around. I was slowly gaining back my strength and so I grabbed his neck and slow danced with him in the middle of our front foyer.

"Emma Scott and Artem Chigvintsev together at last." I smiled

"The American girl." He winked

Vlad and Alek ran in the room with their babysitters the newly engaged lovebirds, Maks and Peta, watching from the kitchen doorway.

Artem picked up Vlad and I picked up a much lighter Alek and we grouped hugged as a family.

This is what I am here on this earth to live for. 

We set the boys down and Artem turned on the stereo. Everyone immediately began dancing around the room. Artem picked me up and swung me around knowing that I would be too weak to join our energetic sons and the pro dancers there in the room with us.

I glared into his eyes and smiled.

"What?" He asked smiling back.

"Your dancing away with my heart." I said. "I'm yours forever Artem. Forever, and always."