Chapter 3

"MaybeKindaSorta... yes," I say my voice high and tiny. "I-I love you too, Y/N," Laurance says. You stare at each other neither one of you daring to move. Those eyes... I could get lost in those eyes forever. I blink and his lips are on mine. Gently, softly he reached around me pulling me in closer. After what feels like an hour our lips part. I lean my forehead against his. We just sit there for a while. Hoping not to spoil the moment. After a while I look up from our hands intertwined on the dark oak plank floor into his eyes. He does the same thing. We laugh at each other. I lay down putting my head in his lap. He plays with my hair telling me about how he did this to Cadenza when she was sad. I wasn't sad though, I was quite the opposite...
*TIME SKIP TO MORNING*
... I wake up to the sound of birds chirping and eggs frying in a pan. Laurance is in the kitchen cooking. I yawn, I probably fell asleep. Now I'm on the small couch in the living room across from the ashes of the fire proving last night wasn't just a dream. "Good morning," I yawned, "Laurance." He looked up and smiled, "Hey sleepy head!" I walk over and put my hands around his waist. "Smells good," I sniff loudly to emphasize the fact. "Thanks! Have a seat, it's almost ready," he said pointing to a table with two chairs. Two small kittens slink around the corner, "Awwww!" I say as one of them rubs up against me. One is a very fluffy orange cat, the other a sleek gray. "Oh that's radiance," he says pointing to the orange one, "and that one, well she doesn't have a name," I pick them both up and they nuzzle my cheeks. I put down the fluffy one and it wanders over to Laurance mewing. The gray one stares into my eyes... Hmm it needs a name. "Do you like the name Ashley?" I say gesturing to the fire. "I absolutely love it," he says beaming down at me. We each hold a tiny kitten when I hear a knock at the door. "It's open!" Laurance called strolling into the entry way. I follow. Aphmau is standing there looking very worried. When she sees me she runs up and hugs you... This girl you barely know, worried sick about you? You hug her back. "I was so worried when I went to check on you you weren't there and..." she goes on and on I just look up behind her at Laurance. The kittens both hide behind his legs. I allow a small giggle to escape my lips. "I'm so sorry for making you worry Aphmau! I promise to tell you if I sneak out again," I say jokingly. "I'll see you later Laurance, I'm going to make the rounds with Aph." He smiles knowingly, "Alright Y/N, maybe you should actually actually get some real sleep tonight." I laugh closing the door behind Aph and I. She raises her eyebrows. "Yes?" I ask. "New answer to my question?" She says beaming. "Maaaaaaaybe," I say turning every shade of red. "Oh my Irene! Are you guys like a thing?" She questions me. I contemplated this. I mean we kissed... but that doesn't mean we are dating, or even anywhere near boyfriend and girlfriend. "No, but he said that he liked me back... and we may have kissed," I squealed. We jumped up and down holding hands, "Y/N! I'm so happy for you!" She smiles, come on, let's go check on everyone in the village.