Chapter 2

I walk back to Aphmau's house before the sun rises. I get back in the bed and drift off... When I wake up Aphmau is upstairs talking with some one unfamiliar. I walk up to see a guard with blue hair. "Good morning Aphmau! Who might this be?" you ask perkily. "Morning Y/N! This is Dante, head guard of Phoenix Drop," Aphmau explains. You shake hands. "Nice to meet you," Dante says. "Has anyone seen Laurance this morning?" you ask. Clearly Aphmau knows something you do not as she giggles. "What?" you demand. "Well it's just, never mind. You'll find him in the old barn I believe," she says. "Thank you," you say skipping out the door. When you reach the barn Laurance seems to be deep in his book on the loft. You climb the ladder and sneak up behind him, reading over his shoulder, "Gone with the Wind, eh?" He jumps up. "My Irene Y/N, you scared me," he says sitting back down. "Now we're even," I say poking him on the nose. We laugh loudly. You both sit for a while reading aloud. You sigh, "Ret and Scarlett are perfect the grief tore them apart, but I can tell that they're still in love." He seemed to be contemplating this. "How can you tell?" How can I tell? "I don't know," it's the same feeling I have about Laurance and I, "It's just a hunch I guess..." he stares into my eyes. "Whatever it is, I believe you," he says, I didn't think he just meant the book. We just stared into each others' eyes, deep in thought. He's so smart, funny, handsome, brave, strong, I could go on and on, but most of all compassionate and kind. We started reading other books... afterward he stood to help me up. "Maybe I should go to sleep again..." I say smiling hopefully up at him. "Hmm maybe you should," he said patting your head. He winks at me and parts ways so I could go back to Aphmau's house. I ask her about eventually getting on my own house and she agrees that is a possibility, but tells me of the Phoenix Alliance plan. I agree to go wherever Laurance does. She smirks, "Don't mind my asking, but do you like him?" I was taken aback by her question. Of course I liked him as a close friend, but that wasn't what she meant, was it. He was so sweet... "I am not prepared to answer that at the moment," I say embarrassingly blushing. "I understand completely," I was so glad. I walk outside later and see Laurance on one of the paths. I walk up to him in my jean shorts and light yellow tank top. Maybe this wasn't the best outfit choice for fall. I shiver, these are the only things I own. "Hi." I whisper. "Hey," he says. He hesitantly takes my hand. "You're frigid!" he exclaims. "I-I'm f-f-f-fine," you say your teeth chattering. "Come on," he pulls you along to a medium sized house that appears empty. "This is my place," he says making a fire and sitting me down beside it. "You didn't have to do this," I say warming up quickly. He's bustling around the kitchen. He pauses and looks me in the eyes "I couldn't return you sick to Aphmau's," he says and returns to whatever he's doing. Hey- "What are you doing?" I question. "Making us some tea," he states returning with two cups. "Here," he sets one down then walks into a room returning with a quilt. We wrap it around ourselves and I rest my head on his shoulder. I sip the tea, "Mmmm! this is really good!" Clearly he is a good cook, "Thank you, cooking is a hobby of mine." I smile staring into the embers. "Hey Laurance..." I say. "Yes Y/N?" he turns under the quilt to look at me. "Aph asked me an interesting question today." He seemed intrigued, "Care to share?" I did... but I was still hesitant. "Yeah, she asked if-" I stopped, should I tell him? What if he takes it the wrong way? I don't know if I should. "If?" he prods... "IfILikedYou," I say really fast. "Excuse me?" his expression amused. "You heard me," I blushed profusely. "Well... do you?" he asks. Something in that voice made me want to say yes. Like, really want to say yes. "MaybeKindaSorta... yes," I say my voice high and tiny.