Chapter 1

A/N:
OKAY FIRST OF ALL I SHIP LAURMAU BUT FOR READER PURPOSES... WELL YOU'LL FIND OUT (; Y/N MEANS YOUR NAME! Btw I love u 4 reading! This is after the time skip...  Oh almost forgot, your POV.

I stumble into the village "Help!" You cry as some one rushes to your side. "Hello? Can you hear me?" She questions as your vision starts to fade... You wake up in a house with purple and white walls. "Anyone here?" I inquire sitting up. "Ah," some one sighs from the corner, "you're awake." I turn to see a man with brown hair and blue eyes.I begin to panic "Where is he?! Where is the man who attacked me?!" I say rising out of the bed. He looks startled, "You were attacked?" he asks, his voice. He sounds familiar. "D-do I know you?" I ask stepping closer, eyes narrowed. "I'm Laurance, guard of former lord Aphmau of Phoenix Drop," he says narrowing his eyes. You gasp, Laurance! "It's me Y/N, from Meteli." His eyes widen and he wraps you in a giant bear hug. "Y/N, I remember when you were a little girl! Wow," he steps back to look at you, "You've grown up," he says blushing. I look at my feet, then remember how I stumbled here. "Th-there was this man, he chased me through the forest," my eyes go cold, "He killed my brother." Laurance looks so  sympathetic, you just collapse into him burying my head in his shoulder crying. "Shh, hush Y/N," he pets your hair, "I'm here now, you're safe." Just then you hear footsteps and look up. It's her, the girl who found you. "Are you okay?" she asks looking concerned and glancing at Laurance. "I'm fine, my name is Y/N. I used to know Laurance when I was little," I half-smile up at him. "Yes, Y/N admired me as head-guard," I wiggled out of our embrace. "I did not!" I jokingly elbowing him in the ribs. The girl giggles, "I'm Aphmau." I walk over and shake her hand, then again remember your brother. Tears stream down my face. "I ask again, are you alright?" the girl asks. "I'll tell you later Aph," Laurance says. Which she only returns with a knowing look, "I'll let you two catch up," and with that she leaves."Hmm," Laurance mumbles some things to himself, "Excuse me?" I ask. "Well I was just thinking aloud how pretty you look," I blush and sit on the edge of the cot. "So you haven't changed one bit, apart from the hair, the clothes. You appear to be the same age. Care to explain?" I ask hopefully. He tells you of the Irene dimension and the time skip. You gasp as he finishes his story. He left his best friend behind, I can tell he hasn't talked about him though... "D-do you w-want to t-talk about him?" I stutter. He smiles at your confusion and tweaks your nose, "I would love that, follow me." you walk with him to the docks just as the sun sets. He stops talking and stares out to sea, as the sky changes different colors. "Wow," I say following his gaze. "I meant what I said earlier," he says interrupting your train of thought. "Hm?" I say still looking at the sun set. "You really have grown up nicely, also I am really sorry for your brother." He pulls me into a hug and I rest my head on his chest. "And I take back what I said earlier," I say looking up at him. "Hm?" he says mocking me. "You really have changed, this place is good for you,"

*TIME SKIP TO NIGHT*

Aphmau has allowed me to stay at her house in her guest room. After I thanked her profusely you unpacked your small backpack. All of your possessions were in that thing; a picture of your family, an iron sword, some bread, and your meagre money supply. I here Laurance and Aphmau whispering about you upstairs. I want to spy, but decide against it and lay down in my bed. Aphmau goes upstairs, but no footsteps from Laurance's muscly body. I open your eyes and are startled to find Laurance in the corner watching you. "You scared me half to death!" I whisper yell. "I'm sorry," he says sitting in the chair next to my bed. "I wanted to check on you. I remember your brother. Micah, right?" I wince at his name. "I'm sorry, I sh-" I cut him off, "No, it's fine." He takes my hand and I feel all warm, even in the cold of the basement. "I- I just wanted," he said all nervous like, "oh never mind." I look up concerned. "That sounded important Laurance," I look into those light blue eyes, "Tell me." He sighs, "Well if you really want to know, I just thought that you were just a dumb little girl, but as you said on the docks I've changed." Where was he going with this? "I just don't think you're like that anymore." I blush, of course. He was my childhood crush. I've missed him this whole time. "T-thank you," I stutter as he moves closer, "I'm not lying. Not at all." I could tell. "I k-know." He laughs quietly, "You're so cute when you're embarrassed." I blushed an even deeper crimson, "I should probably go to sleep." He smirks, "Probably, eh?" I nod. Returning that mischievous smile. He takes my hand and leads me to the old guard tower. We climb the ladder, him pulling me up the last rungs. At the top he bows. "Huh?" I ask completely oblivious of what he has planned. "May I have this dance Miss Y/N?" he says as that little smirk back. "Alright Sir Laurance," I say between giggles. We dance to music that doesn't exist. We talk about the old days. I laugh... a lot. He is so funny. When the sun rises we part ways. "I'll see you around?" I ask hope clearly in my face. "Alright sleepy head," He says. I giggle, hugging him as we leave the tower.