試し

P H I L S P O V

The brown haired guy and I ran as quickly as we could to the edge of the town before he grabbed my sleeve to slow me down.

"We should walk from here," he said.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"I know you don't feel tired, but you can't run infinitely. Look," he waved his finger in the air in front of him revealing his player stats. His HP bar was a little under halfway full. "Yours is probably about the same. It'll return to normal on its own, but we should conserve our energy just in case."

"Oh," I replied, checking my own HP to find that he was right. "Thanks."

"No problem," he smiled, "That light looks like it's above the town square. Follow me, I know a shortcut!"

I followed closely behind him and together we weaved through several cobblestone alleys. Suddenly he stopped, catching me off guard, and I ran straight into him, knocking our heads together with a thud.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed as he began to rub the back of his head where my forehead hit it.

"It's fine," he rolled his eyes, but he was smiling so I wasn't too worried, "There's a cat."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Right there," he pointed to the ground at his feet where, sure enough, a small black and brown calico was staring up at me with its big, green eyes.

"You stopped for a cat?" I asked, shaking my head.

He shrugged, "You seem like an animal person."

I laughed and crouched down near the animal and stuck out my hand for it to sniff. It approached me slowly, but immediately began rubbing itself against my hand once it reached me. "I've always wanted a cat," I said, petting its head as it purred, "But I'm allergic."

"Well good thing this one's made of pixels," the boy laughed, grabbing my hand. "Okay, you've had your fun. There'll be plenty of time for cat loving later. We're not far from the square now; look how bright that light is!" He pointed to the red light which was illuminating the sky overhead.

"Okay, yeah. Bye Kitty!" I called behind me, making Brown Haired Guy chuckle as he dragged me along the cobblestone once more.

When we reached the square we were met by thousands of people standing in huddles, all staring and pointing at the mysterious glow in the sky above.

"It almost looks like some kind of giant ruby or som—hey!" I turned to see that Brown Haired Guy wasn't standing next to me anymore. I whipped around and found him a few meters away talking to a girl with blue hair. I jogged over to him, irritated.

"So no one has any idea what it is?" I heard him ask the girl.

"No," she shook her head, "I've been asking everyone I recognized from the Beta and none of them have any idea either. Sorry."

"Hey!" I interrupted, "Thanks for leaving me behind like that!"

"Oh, sorry," Brown Haired Guy blushed, scratching the back of his neck. "I just kind of figured you were behind me."

"I'm not your sheep dog," I rolled my eyes, but dropped the subject. "So you were in the Beta Test too?" I asked the Blue Haired Girl.

"Yeah, nice to meet you," she smiled, "I'm Cat!" she extended her hand and I took it and shook. A menu suddenly appeared in front of me.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO ADD Catrific AS A FRIEND?

YES

NO