Chapter 17: Sorry

Chapter 17

“No!” Aurora screamed as Damon's head dropped down. “No!” she screamed again while running to his body through the water. She picked his face up and tried to hug him. “Why? I love you, I love you so much. Why did it have to end like this?” she whispered to herself.

She then started streaming out tears. She then let go of his body and turned to face the Phantom. “How could you?” Aurora asked him subtly. The Phantom just stood there with a blank expression. “I thought that you actually had a heart. I guess I was wrong, you don't.”

Aurora then ran and tried to escape through the stairs, but it was locked. She tried everything, but she couldn't get it open. She then started to cry some more. She looked over to the Phantom and he was still in the same position he was a second ago. Aurora then ran over to the bed and cried into the pillows.

The Phantom dropped the rope and stared at Damon. He untied him and took Damon's blazer off. He held the blazer and laid Damon's body down on the land and put a blanket over him.

The Phantom then took he blazer and walked over to Aurora. He tapped her shoulder. Aurora looked up with tears all down her face. She was breathing heavily. The Phantom then gave her the blazer. “I thought you should keep this,” he told her.

Aurora took it without taking her eyes off of his. She nodded and held the blazer close to her. The Phantom just watched her. “I'm really sorry,” he apologized. “I just... wanted you all to myself. I guess I got a little to obsessive.”

Aurora's eyes were red and filled with tears. She then slid the ring off her finger and gave it to him. “I think you should keep it,” she told him.

The Phantom took the ring and started to cry. He then nodded.

Aurora stood up from the bed and held his hand. “I think you should save it for someone special,” she told him. “But promise me you won't kill her or anyone close to her. Or else she'll leave you.”

The Phantom then looked at Aurora and shook his head. “No please don't,” he muttered. “I love you.”

Aurora started to cry too. “I'm sorry,” she told him. “I love you too, but I can't be with you.”

The Phantom then slipped off his mask. “I want you to keep this,” he said.

Aurora took it. “Won't you need it?” she asked.

“I can always get another one,” he told her.

Aurora then took the mask and kissed him. “Goodbye, Erik.”

The Phantom cried and whispered, “Goodbye, Aurora.”