"I'm just sorry. I really really am."

"Enough crying, okay? It's in the past, it's done, and you have nothing to apologize for okay?"

Santana nodded, pulling Brittany in for a hug.

"Let's go upstairs okay?"

The girls got off of the couch and walked upstairs together.

----------------

In the days that followed, Santana felt as if they didn't skip a beat. School was good, softball was great and her relationship with Brittany was at an all time high. Their softball team was on a winning streak and if they win their upcoming game against Konawaena, then they'd get a first round bye during BIIFs and that would mean that they would have to play one less game than the other teams which was a huge advantage for them. And on top of all the excitement surrounding the upcoming game, it was the seniors last home game of the season which rose the stakes up even higher. It had been a long time since Honka'a won their senior home game for softball and the girls wanted to end the curse.

"Britt's gonna be out for Kehau's head tomorrow. This is gonna be completely fuckin' epic as shit." Kama was walking down the hallway with Santana and Kalei. "Can you imagine that?"

"Shut up, Kama." Santana laughed. "But you're right. She will. But that's only gonna push her even harder to play better so I not complaining at all."

"Can you believe though? It's already the senior home game." Rachel got a little teary eyed. "This season went by so fast."

"It did yeah? But it's also one of the best seasons to date, our record is actually in our favor. 5-2? Unbelievable." Santana was so proud of the team this season. And it showed overtime they took the field. "Brah imagine if we win tomorrow? And we get the bye?"

"Watchu mean if? You mean when." The girls all high fives as they walked across the street to meet up with the rest of the team at the cafeteria.

Practice that afternoon was flawless as the girls brushed up on running their plays and getting a little batting practice in before it got dark. The teams confidence was an all time high but Coach Sue made sure that they kept their heads level, and concentrated on the game rather than the rewards of winning.

"Good practice today, ladies. I am more than confident that you will do amazingly tomorrow. But remember, take it one pitch at a time and keep your head in the game."

"We got this guys. Hands in. Here's to the last regular season practice! Dragons on 3! One! Two! Three! DRAGONS!"

The girls scattered and headed home. They had a huge game the next day, and the excitement was just beginning.

----------------

It was a beautiful Saturday morning, and the team arrived at the field early to put up their signs and prep the field for the game. Music was playing over the loud speakers, and the vibe was intense yet positive. They worked in silence for the first hour, but once people started filing the seats they started to get hyped.

"San, can you believe it?" Rachel and Santana were standing behind home plate looking out onto the field. They had just got done raking the field and were dusting the excess dirt off of their rakes. "This is our last home game for our high school careers. Look how far we've come."

"Don't start that yet." She looked over at her friend who as already wiping her eyes. "Let's get through the game, and we can cry all we want later. Eye on the prize."

They fist bumped and continued on with pre game preps. It was almost 1, and the bleachers were practically filled. Warm ups couldn't have gone any smoother, and the girls were ready. Konawaena looked sharp, so it was going to be a fight for every pitch, every hit.