"I'm not going back just yet." I nodded and got up to help her with the dishes

"Sit down." she pushed me away "You've got a wounded arm. Don't argue with me, just sit!"

I put my hands up in defense and sat down again. I heard a good humored chuckle and turned to the doorway of the apartment to see Henry, Diana's husband, stroll in from his long day at work. He was a cop and it was ironic that I was never behind bars for all the crimes I committed.

"So I have the little rascal home with me?" he teased

"Xavi!" a little voice shouted my name excitedly and a little brown haired girl flew into my arms.

"Sofia." I hugged the six-year-old girl.

Sofia was their daughter and a carbon copy of her mother. She knew me well as I was often with Diana when Henry alerted me I was on the police radar. She was usually with her father after school and came home with him.

"How are you princess?" I asked kissing her forehead

"Fine." she grinned then sniffed the air "I smell-"

"Fresh-out-the-oven brownies?' Diana asked taking out a tray of brownies from the oven

"YEAH!!!" Sofia squealed and ran into the kitchen.

Henry shook his head and closed the door before joining me on the dining room table. He took off his jacket and hung it at the back of the chair.

"What happened there?" he looked at the bandage on my arm

"Stray bullet trying to hide from a criminal." I answered

"Criminal?" he chuckled goo heartedly "Last time I checked the law stated you are defined as a criminal. The mafia is a bunch of criminals."

We both laughed.

"What would you say if I handed you Cardinal Alfonso?" I folded my arms and looked at him

His smile immediately dropped.

"What?" he gasped in disbelief "Hand me the 'Ghost'? Every time we get a lead on this man he just disappears. You have him?"

"Not yet." I replied "When I get back to the mafia I'll sort that out."

"What's going on Xavier?" Henry questioned "What are you getting at?"

"How do I know the cops won't arrest me afterwards?" I asked him

"Oh Xavier." he rolled his eyes "I've known for at least two and a half years now and you don't trust me that much?"

I raised an eyebrow and he groaned. Diana heard him and giggled from her place in the kitchen.

"Alright, alright." he rolled his eyes "Anything you say from now until sunrise is off limits so tell the story from the start."

I thought for a while.

"No voice recorders?" I questioned

"None." he shook his pockets to prove to me he was innocent

"Fine." I gave in "From the top."

"Great." he grinned "Let's drink it down like men."

I laughed.

"Champagne?" I inquired

"Alcohol or not?" he asked getting up

"Let's go easy for a while." I followed him to the kitchen.

I knew the place pretty well so I took out two glasses from the cupboard.

"Are you joining us Di?" I asked her