fourteen.

jason.

my eyes fluttured open, my nose resting on jupiter's belly button. i closed my eyes trying to go back to sleep, but it just didn't work out that way.

i lifted my head up, looking at jupiter. she adverted her eyes from the tv to me, before looking down. i chuckled and placed a hand on the left side of her face, my thumb drawing light circles in her cheek.

"you kiss nice."

i felt her cheeks heating up under my hand, causing me to chuckle again. removing my hand from her face, i sat up.

i turned over so my head was still resting in jupiter's lap, but my back was pressed against her thigh. i looked up at her. she was biting her lip and looking straight ahead.

"jupiter."

she adverted her eyes to me and i furrowed my eyebrows.

"you okay?"

she sent me a smile, that i'm 97% sure was fake, and nodded her head.

sighing, i turned my head towards the tv. as i was watching it, i felt jupiter's hand creep up to the side of my neck. i tensed up, thinking that she might choke me or something, but relaxed once i realized she was tracing the tattoo that rested behind my ear.

"why'd you get this?"

i placed one of my hands on my stomach. "patience is key."

"oh."

i bit my lip as she traced over the roman numerals on my chest.

"what about this one?"

i turned my head to look at her. "it's my mom's birthday."

jupiter nodded her head. "is she nice?"

i chuckled. "yeah, she's real nice."

a small smile crept onto her face. looking at her just made me smile.

she was so beautiful. her gorgeous skin and how it glowed. the way her face was framed perfectly by her lovely hair. and jesus, don't let me get started on her body. let's not go there right now.

jupiter's eyes flickered to mine and she raised an eyebrow. "why are you looking at me like that?"

shaking my head, i turned back towards the tv.

"i'll be going somewhere tomorrow."

jupiter stopped tracing the cross tattoo on my chest, but then started back again. "where?"

i sighed. "just to go take care of some business."

"do i have to go?"

i quickly shook my head. i didn't want Jupiter to see what i was doing. even though I'm sure she kind of has an idea of what goes on around here. i just don't want to expose her to that type of stuff. she's probably going to hate me even more when she finds out I'm helping matthew get a girl.

grabbing jupiter's hand, i started playing with it. i could feel her eyes on me.

"so where am i going to be when all of this is happening?"

i shrugged. "blake said you can come and stay with his wife."

i looked up at her to see her staring down at me with a confused expression on her face.

"he has a wife?"

i smirked and nodded my head. "they've been married for almost a year now."

she nodded her head and removed her hand from my chest. my body immediately missed her warmth, but i said nothing.