Prologue

"I love you! I know that I do and nothing that you're saying right now is going to change it!" She stood there as tears streamed down her face, more threatened to escape her eyes. Watching her made me regret ever making her fall in love with a nigga like me. I could've simple let her go, let her have a life with someone who deserves her. But I'm so selfish. I needed her here to take away the pain, not realizing that the pain coming from me was going to her. I caused the dismantling of an innocent woman. Me.

"Valerie, I told you not to fall in love. I told you that my heart won't go to one person. I told you all of these things and you still fell for me. I hate myself for causing you this pain, but this is my life, baby." I said as I grabbed her hands, looking into those bloodshot green eyes.

"You're going back to her...aren't you?" She bit her bottom lip as she looked into my eyes. I felt disgusting. Looking into her eyes was so different than 7 months ago. She was so full of life, had so much going for herself. Now I saw nothing. It was my own fault. I looked down, released her hands and headed for the front door of her loft.

"Oh please, Abel, please! Mercy me, Abel! Let me try to fall out of love with you before you fuck her. I beg you Abel!"  She sobbed. I turned around and she was on her knees. Crying. Broken. That beautiful, long and dark hair sticking to her soaking face. I felt her pain. I helped her up and hugged her.

"You'll be better off without me, Val." I cooed into her ear.

"I need you, Abel. I-I love you, you're all I have." She cried into my ear. I closed my eyes for a few seconds then I kissed her. I wiped her tears, then I left. I could hear her faint cries as she called for me while I walked down the hallway.

I don't know where I'm going with this story, but it would mean heaps if you could read this💕