Prologue

"Did I ever tell you the story of The Trap Door?"

I asked my 3 children, Will, Samantha and Jack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1.

My name is Aiden knight, I'm 40 years old now, a widower with 3 beautiful children, all took after my wife's look. My oldest son Will, is 17 years old, he's quite tall, short-black hair like mine and deep blue eyes, the kind that make the sea feel jealous. Just like his beautiful mother. After him, there's Samantha, or, Sam, she is 15 years old, brown hair with blue-greenish eyes.

Trust me, I have seen people get lost in their depth.

And last but not least there's Jack, the youngest one, he's 12 years old.

We all call him Keeno because when he was a baby he made these "Kee, noo, kee, noo" nosies and now he even likes this name better than his own.

Jack is short with brown hair and green eyes, and what he lacks for in height, he makes up for in bravery, good heart, caring and kindness. There's so much more I can say about him, and about every one of my children, but that's for another time.

I've sat them down in our cozy living room, on our old black leather couch, I sat in front of them in my vintage brown chair.

I stared at them for a minute, just trying to find the proper words to begin to explain why I called them here, but the only words that came out were "Sam, off the phone, now."

She put the phone down and said to me: "Why do I have to put it down if you're not even saying anything?" Calmly tho, to which I replied "Just let me find the words ok?"

Another minute has passed in which all I could think of was how to explain it without looking or sounding like a complete maniac.

I started out by saying: "Kids... your mother... well she's not from here"

"Not the best start" I thought to myself. My kids looked at me, confused of course, Jack asked: "What do you mean dad?" I continued by saying: "Well this is where my story begins:

When I was 17 years old, I had a brother.

We didn't have the best realationship, but also not the worst" Sam inturrpted me by saying "What? How come we've never heard of him?"

I replied: "Well you're about to now."

-"So as I was saying, my brother's name was William, you are named after him" I said as I looked at my son Will, leaning on the wall on right side of the couch, looking a bit surprised.

"On the 29th of august 1982, William and I went to play basketball and needless to say, your uncle kick my butt. He was always so good in everything he did. I guess the reason I didn't get along with

him was because I was always jealous of him, about how much he was admired and how much our parents loved him and showed him off, and I was the one who failed at school and got into trouble all the time. But on that day, I was the one to be admired, for In that day, I became a hero".

-"After the game, William and I went back to our home. We were talking and laughing and just as we were about to get inside, we heard a noise coming from the garage, which was weird since our parents were at work and we were the only ones in the house.

We went to the door that leads to our garage and saw a short old man messing with our stuff. He wore a pair of worn out leather boots, the kind you look at and can guess they have been through much. He wore worn out brown trousers, an olive green shirt, had a white&grey beard and a shining purple earing on his left ear. I yelled at him: "Hey ! Who are you?!" In anger, wanting to punch the suspicious man.