Prologue

She was a sweet girl, if a bit untrusting. He was an attractive man, completely careless about the feelings of others. Until he met her, he didn't see the need to cater to a woman's emotional needs. Why would he, when the women were offering what he wanted without too much effort on his part? Until she met him, she didn't trust people very easily. With her family background and the troubles she had with the other children during elementary school, it didn't take too much to figure out why she refused to let anyone get close. Time and time again, friendships had fallen apart and left her broken and upset.

Upon entering college, she had finally found the friends she had been looking for since her childhood. These friends helped her to open herself up to new experiences at the perfect time: just in time to meet him.

He had been admonished by all of his friends that his careless treatment of women would eventually come back to haunt him. And he had decided to maybe cut back on his player ways, just in time for him to meet her.

Their destined meeting happened at the perfect time for both of them. While friends of each of the two could not believe the truth behind their relationship, that did not matter to either of them, because they had each other. And that was all that mattered.