Deceive or be deceived ✓

Hi everyone, how have you been?

Here goes the second chapter of the story - which took almost two months to be written due to college (sorry 'bout that). I hope it's well written, and that you enjoy the reading.

~Reader~

'What a big room', you thought as you paced around observing the expensive furniture and the comfortable bed. It was indeed a luxurious room.

"This is where you'll stay tonight. The bathroom is at that door to your left, and there are clothes right there." The man named Ruvik pointed at the chiffonier beside the bathroom door before moving to the exit. "I'll exam you tomorrow, to measure the damage made by Marcel's poisoning. Until then you are not supposed to eat anything."

He reached for the door handle, but turned around sensing you wasn't paying attention.

"What Marcelo did may have not killed you. But whatever you do from now, until you are fully recovered still can end your life."

You were looking at the ceiling, amazed by the size of the crystal chandelier hanging from it. You didn't really mind the man's words until he mentioned Marcelo's name. That caught your attention right away. And at that moment, the memories of the past night all came back to you. In a big crimson wave, of pain and despair. You were alone and felt like you were going to die, and there was no one there to save you.

You touched your stomach. There was still a stinging sensation inside of you. It was faint, almost imperceptible. But it was still there, like the images of you crawling in that cold room, begging for your life.

You would never forgive Marcelo for that.

"Is this an invitation, sir?" You said coolly. Still looking at the chandelier.

"A warning." He answered. "If you really want to be free, you need to get better soon."

"Is this what you think I want, sir?" You said, playfully swirling around to face him. With a big, venomous grin plastered on your bloodied face. "Oh, I'm desperate! I just want to be free, mister. Please! Will you help me?"

You laughed before he could answer.

"Is this what you expected me to be like?" You turned around once more. Facing the crystals hanging from the chandelier. They were like glass tears. "I don't believe in freedom anymore, Ruvik. All I believe is in betrayal. And that in this life you can only deceive or be deceived."

"Is that what you did, miss [y/n]?" Ruvik's lips draw a dark smile. "You deceived the judge pretending to be insane just to free yourself from going to jail?"

You didn't respond.

But he also didn't continue.

"We'll see each other in the morning, miss [y/n]." He stepped out of the room. "There are painkillers and water at the bedside table. Wash yourself and get some rest."

Ruvik closed the door behind him, and locked it. But all you did was keep looking at the crystal chandelier. Thinking about what you had done to yourself.

You had allowed yourself to be deceived once again. And now you were going to be blamed one more time.

~ Ruvik ~

After leaving the new test subject in a safe room, Ruvik went down to his office to work on his notes about the STEM project. But he wasn't going too well with that.