He Saved Me Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"Oh my God." I sobbed into the phone, unable to mask the sound of the tears that thickened my voice. "I have--I have to go. I have to get over to Isobel's house."

"No, don't go anywhere. I'm half way to your house. I will pick you up and we can go together."

I was relieved to hear him say that. I knew I would need his support. Today was going to be the hardest yet.

***

Bobby's POV

My heart literally hurt as I stood by and watched helplessly as two EMTs and some other medical guy held Isobel down and sedated her. She had woken up after being passed out for a couple of minutes and continued screaming, fighting off anyone who came near her but me, and even I couldn't calm her enough to keep her quiet.

By the time the ambulance and pulled up, I felt like screaming with her. I wanted to kill someone. More specifically Chet Peters.

My anger had been boiling inside ever since Detective Rodriguez had said that Isobel's attacker had been identified as Chet Peters, and now, after witnessing the pain my girl was going through, it threatened to boil over. I had never understood why he had seemed so amused and cocky after arresting me, and now I knew. He had known exactly who I was when he had pulled me over. He must have been following me anyway.

That thought made me nervous. He could have been following Isobel around as well. If he was bold enough to follow the boyfriend of his rape victim around, then he definitely had to be following the victim as well. But what I didn't understand was why he would hurt my mom. Was that just to get to me?

I didn't know, and at this point, I really didn't care. Either way, the mother fucker was a dead man. Just as soon as I was sure my babe was okay, I was definitely joining the manhunt!

I heard tires screech on asphalt as we all stepped outside and I looked up to see Daniel and my mom. I tried to contain the rage I felt toward those two. This was their fault. I turned away and walked with Johnathan to the ambulance. Once Isobel was inside, Johnathan turned to me with a look of desperation on his face.

"Listen son, there is a lot I need to apologize to you for, and a lot I need to thank you for. But would you please let me be here for my daughter right now? They only have room for one in there."

I wanted to say 'hell no'. I had been there for Isobel all this time. It was me that she needed. But that just felt selfish and wrong of me, so I nodded my head and stepped away. I looked at Isobel and saw that the meds she had been given had already put her to sleep. "If she wakes up, tell her that I'm right behind you!" I said urgently.

He nodded quickly as he jumped into the back and let the EMTs slam the doors behind him. Tears burned my eyes as I watched them speed away.

"Bobby!" I heard my mom's voice directly behind me. "Bobby what's going on? Is Isobel okay?"

I turned on them and let my anger take over. "What the HELL were you two thinking? You couldn't have warned me? You couldn't have kept your fucking mouths shut? I was handling it!" I yelled at them. "Mom, how could you? I hate you!"

Daniel took a step forward and placed a hand on my shoulder warningly. "Bobby, I know that you are going through some things right now, but you watch the way you talk to your mother!"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Who the hell do you think you are? You don't tell me what to do, I tell you! You're not my father! YOU'RE FIRED!" I yelled at him before sparing my mom one more glance and running to my truck. I tried not to let the sight of the tears rolling down mom's face affect me as I started the engine and sped off down the street. Isobel was hurting because of them!

***

Daniel's POV

I tried not to let Bobby's parting words affect me. He was just angry and scared for his girlfriend. But I had to blink repeatedly to keep the burning tears from gathering in my eyes. I know that I'm not his father, and that he's never thought of me that way, but I still couldn't help the pain that stabbed at my chest as Sharon and I watched him speed away.

Sharon was sobbing quietly and I gathered her into my arms and rocked her. "Shhhh. He didn't mean any of those things he said. Your son loves you! He just needs someone to take it out on right now."

She cried harder and wrapped her arms around me. After holding her like that for a few minutes I pulled away. Come on, let's go and meet them at the hospital.

She hiccuped and nodded before following me back to the car.

PLEASE VOTE AND FAN AND VOTE AND COMMENT AND VOTE AND LIKE AND VOTE AND TWEET. I LOVE YOU LIKE THE CW LOVES TEEN DRAMAS. :)