oo1.

___
S I N

    The crowd cheered as Nasir Jones dribbled the ball down half court in full speed. I jumped up and screamed his name. I was his number one fan and he was my crush since middle school. Everyone went crazy when he released the ball behind the three point line.

   Swoosh!

     People ran on the court once the buzzer went off. Our school defeated our rivals for the first time in years. I wanted to go down there but I stayed in the bleachers and admired from afar. I saw my best friend Lotus who was a cheerleader wrap her arms around Nasir and kiss him.

Oh yeah I knew I was forgetting to tell you guys something. My crush is my best friends boyfriend. Lotus and I became best friends freshmen year she had just moved here from California. At the time Nasir and I were best friends but we fell off once he started dating Lotus. Crazy right? Now I have to see the two together, all the time. Lotus was the opposite of me she was somewhat thick in all the right places. And to top it off she was a redbone, everybody wanted her.

I grabbed my purse and saw Lotus running up the bleachers to me.

"Wasn't he amazing?!" Lotus asked, with glee on her face.

I smiled at her excitement. "Yeah he was. Tell him I said congratulations,"

Lotus's facial expression changed. "Your not coming to the after party?"

I shook my head no. I had finals to study for if I wanted to get into Spelman. And partying wasn't really my thing.

"Come on Sin, you never have fun and let loose. No wonder your still a virgin,"

I raised my eyebrow up at her. "And no wonder you're failing five of your classes,"

I walked passed her, being careful not to trip down the stairs.

"Sin! I was just playing!"

I ignored Lotus and kept walking through the crowd of people. Lotus always said messed up things to me, sometimes I would let it slide and not say anything. But today was not that day.

    I unlocked my car doors and got in. I started my car and started driving home. When I got home, my mother was in the kitchen whipping up her famous cheesecake.

    I threw my bag down and started helping her.

"How was the game?" She asked, with her glasses on the bridge of her nose.

    "We won. You should've seen Nas he scored the final point,"

"Did you talk to him?" She eyed me, which made me roll my eyes.

"Ma, I wouldn't even know what to say to him. When I get around him I get all nervous and what not,"

    "You could offer him a plate of my delicious cheesecake, you know he use to devour it when he use to visit." She said as she placed the cheesecake in the fridge.

I thought about it maybe she was right. And the way into a man's heart is through food. Since Nas lived across the street from us I guess I would stop by.