Preface

"I love you so much. How long must we hide this secret?" I whisper.

"You know we can never tell. That's why it's our little secret." He says with a smile and a light peck near my ear.

"I know... I just hate having to keep secrets. Especially having to keep secrets from our family." I start looking down, shifting myself on his lap with my left arm around his neck and my right holding his shoulder.

As he gently grabs my chin, he tells me, "Everything will be alright. Remember our plan?" He looks at me waiting for an answer. Then he sighs and continues. "After high school we're going to run away with each other to Ireland."

He starts to get up and I jump off his lap. He kisses my forehead, says goodnight and walks into the shadows of the hallway towards his bedroom where he is off to bed.

You probably don't understand what's going on. See, I have a secret, and I share that secret with someone else. He's 6'2", has green eyes, black hair, a cute roman nose and goes by the name of Patchfeild Valentine McKnight. And he is my true love. My own blood. My fraternal twin brother. No one knows about our incest secret. We're like pirates, having to keep it buried, hidden, from everyone.

I'm Lauletta Dyanna McKnight, the sister of course. I have black hair, light brownish- yellowish eyes and I'm 5'6". I live in a mansion in-, well I guess you can say in the middle of nowhere. I don't know where we live, except that we live in a forest. It's not that I haven't done my geography, it's that I'm not allowed to know where we are.

Sometimes I think no one knows where we live. But I know for a fact that my father knows. He has to, he's a business man. His name is Lucien Omet McKnight. My brother and I received our hair color from him. But his eyes are different from ours. They're a sky blue color with specks of green in them. I have my mothers eyes though.

My mother is Lucinda Oletha McKnight. She's 5'8" and has dark reddish brown hair. She use to be a stay-at-home-wife, but that was when Patch and I were little. Now I never see her around home. I have no idea where she could go in the middle of nowhere, but I have no worries and I'm not the slightest curious what she does.

I have some friends around the mansion. Their names are Arnetta, Irmina and Evanna, they're German cousins and our maids. They live in a cottage not to far from us. The three of them are very sweet.

Well, this is pretty much it. This is my life, and my family. And even if my family is hiding something from me that would probably make me hate them, I'll always still love them.

Some, maybe a little to much